Adsense

Monday, January 9, 2017

Wendjy Graduates Compassion!

On January 1st, my wonderful young man in Haiti turned 22 years old and graduated from his Compassion program.

Unfortunately, I have not received a letter from Wendjy since last February, so I had no idea what he was up to. However, right after his birthday, I found him on Facebook and now we're friends! He uses an online translator and we were able to communicate quite well!

In past letters, I learned that Wendjy wanted to study medicine, with the hope of becoming an OB/GYN. When I talked to him through Facebook chat, he informed me that he was not able to afford to attend that program right now and is instead studying computer engineering.

At this point, his dream is to finish the program, get a good job, and save up money so that he can go back to school to study medicine. I find his goal so honorable! I hope that he gets to fulfill that dream. I will definitely be talking to him regularly, so I may update about him every once in a while.

Congrats to Wendjy for his success!



1 comment:

  1. That's such a bummer that you hadn't heard from him since February! But I just love that you've found each other on Facebook. And good for him for pursuing higher education!!

    ReplyDelete