Adsense

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Two New January Letters!

January has been a bit of a slow month for me, in terms of letters. However, I can see on my account that I have five letters that should be here soon. I was also told by a Compassion rep that I have other letters that are on the way to me that just haven't showed up yet on my account as "in transit." I would love for those letters to arrive this month!

I received a very first letter from one of my newest little guys, Daniel, that I started writing to last August. I find that long wait for the first letter the most excruciating. Sometimes that first letter can take such a long time to get here for a variety of reasons (it takes awhile for news of a new sponsor to reach the project, letter writing day may have just happened and the next one is in two months, the child writes a letter to the financial sponsor first and not the correspondent, etc). Most of those reasons clear up in less than 6 months and then things are much more regular after that. The longer wait teaches me patience.

This first letter was written on the "How I Have Fun" template.

Daniel is 7 years old and lives in Ecuador. His letter is dated October 27th, 2016.

______________________________________________________________________________



1. In my free time I like to: Play with my car and read. 
2. When I am inside, I like to: Play with my toy car. 
3. When I am outside, I like to: Play in the park. 
4. Sports I like to play are: Soccer and swimming. 

I greet you with much affection and I hope you are doing well. I want to thank you for everything, especially for writing to me. Thank you for sponsoring me. I am studying and I am doing very well in school. I also like to go to the project. Bye. May God bless you. 



________________________________________________________________________________

The other letter I received was from Jhon. This letter is what every sponsor hopes to hear from their sponsored children! Jhon was baptized! He now knows that his life has purpose and he wants to make sure that I know that too. Man, what a great young man he is!

Jhon is 18 years old and lives in Bolivia. His letter is not dated.

______________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla,

I greet you with the holy peace of Jesus Christ. First of all, I want to tell you that my family and I are in good health. I hope that you and your family are too and that God is greatly blessing you. I want you to know that I am so thankful for all your and your family's support until now. I am about to finish high school. I have learned many important things for my life throughout this time. One of my experiences was to be baptized and to start a new life with Christ. Now I can understand that God has a purpose for my life. He also has a purpose for yours. With nothing else to tell you for now, I say goodbye. I wish you success in all that you do. May the Lord bless you. Please pray for my family, for my studies, and for me. 

With so Much Love,
Jhon 

________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment