Adsense

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Last Two Letters of 2016

I'm a little slow on the updating around here, but I want to be sure that I post the last two letters that I received last month. I have received three letters, so far, this month, so I will posting those tomorrow.

For now, here are the two letters I received at the end of last month:

I received a very nice letter from Kwizera Yves. My letters with him go back and forth between being generic and being full of details. I think it just depends on how Kwizera is feeling on letter writing day.

I sent Christmas letters to my kids in October, last year. Most of my kids that responded, wrote back in November, thanking me for my Christmas wishes. I will DEFINITELY be writing Christmas letters later this year. It just isn't the same to be told "Merry Christmas" in November.

Kwizera Yves is 11 years olds and lives in Rwanda. His letter was written on November 9th, 2016.

_________________________________________________________________________________



Beloved Parent, 

Warm greetings in the name of Jesus Christ. My family and I are doing well. We love you and pray for you, that God blesses you abundantly. In Rwanda, we are in the rainy season. We have completed term 3 in school and we are on holidays. I got 64% and I will go to high school next year. We have planted beans. I am glad to see the picture you sent me. I am wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new year, 2017. Thank you for the letter you sent me with Christmas wishes. Thanks for the picture you sent about the birth of Jesus Christ. I am so glad with my family. 

Yves 

I looked up what the grading system looks like in Rwanda. With a 64% in his classes, Kwizera Yves has the U.S version of a C+ average. Not bad at all! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

My very last letter of 2016 came from the lovely Brenda. She is also mentioning Christmas in her letter. It's fun to see that Christmas brings excitement all over the year. 

Brenda is 17 years old and lives in Uganda. Her letter is dated December 7th, 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you and how are your family members? Back to me, I am okay. The reason that I have written to you this letter is to thank you for the 6 letters you sent to me. I was so happy to be receiving them. They brought me joy that you still remember me. 

I was so happy after receiving the photo of my friend in Jesus Christ, Emanise and I would wish to meet Emanise together with you sometime. I ask you to inform her that I pray for her and ask her to also pray for me. 

I also thank you for the special information of celebrating your grandfather's 80th birthday. I was so surprised that, even in your nation, someone can reach this many years. Thanks be to God and I ask God to protect him for more years. I also rejoice that you saw your family members after such a long period. I enjoy seeing your family photos. 

Through the letters, I also read about God's love and through the verses you sent me I get to know that through God's love, he sent his only son Jesus to die for our sins and not to sin because sinning is bad. 

I was also happy because of your job as a nanny and the children you look after. I was also happy to hear that they started school and I ask the Lord to continue helping them in their studies. I ask the Lord to continue giving you the love of children. 

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year 2017, as you wished it to me. I liked the verse you gave to me, it was encouraging. Thank you and may God bless you! 

Brenda

_______________________________________________________________________________





No comments:

Post a Comment