Adsense

Sunday, January 8, 2017

First Letters of 2017!

We're one week into January and I've received three letters, so far. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I am hoping for quite a few more things month. Things are nearing the end, in the update department at Compassion, so there may be delays this month, but I would love to see my monthly numbers a bit higher this year than they were last year. Regardless of how many letters I receive, I will faithfully write to my kiddos, as always. I understand the important of my letters to my children.

First up, I received my very first letter from Nicol! She's just so little and cute. Her mama wrote this letter for her. The letter is written on the My Hobbies and Pets template.

Nicol is 3 years old and lives in Colombia. Her letter was written on December 2nd, 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. Some of my hobbies are: Playing at home and playing with my cousins. 
2. I like to share my hobbies with: My mom, my dad, my siblings, and my cousins. 
3. My favorite hobby is: Playing with my dog. 
4. My pet's name is: Toby
5. As a pet, I would like to have: A dog. 

Hello, good morning with much love and gratitude for sponsoring the girl. I tell you that she is very hyperactive and she likes to play with the dog. I sometimes take her to mass and I teach her to pray and to ask for the health of her and her family. Thank you for remembering her birthday. Her family is very well and so is the girl. She sends you kisses and hugs. Proverbs 31:10. 

Claudia

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a fantastic letter from Rujikorn! Each and every letter and drawing from her is like a great treasure for me. I enjoy reading them so much. 

Rujikorn is 12 years old and lives in Thailand. She wrote her letter on December 5th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello. Thank you so much for sending me the letter and the picture. I have read your letter and I am happy. My family and I are fine. I hope that you and your family are doing well. During this time, it is the time to harvest rice. My parents are hired to work. Some days, they get 200 Baht, or 150 Baht (200 Baht is 5 USD). What is the season in your country? I am glad that I get to attend a summer committee competition in Lampang Province. Please pray for my friends and me in the competition. My second semester has started. I go to school Monday to Friday. I am studying in grade 6. I am going to be a teenager. Thank God for raising me to grow up very well. Please pray for my younger sister and me. My younger sister is studying in grade 3. Her study is good. She was 9th in her class. I was the 3rd in my class. My younger sister likes to study the arts and she likes to play chair ball in the evening after school. She and I like to play sports together. I attend project activities every Saturday. I learn many things. I learn to weave cloth, grow vegetables, and I learn occupational skills too. I enjoy the project activities every Saturday. I enjoy playing with my friends too. I always pray for you and your family. I hope that we will have a chance to meet each other in the future. 

Love and Regards,
Rujikorn 



It's a bit chaotic, but this is chair ball. Really, to me it looks like basketball without dribbling. The "hoops" are baskets held by people standing on chairs. 



________________________________________________________________________________


The final letter to share today, a letter from Derrick. In this letter, he answers several of my questions for other letters, as well as share some great information about his life.

Derrick is 14 years old and lives in Uganda. His letter is dated December 5th, 2016

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you my friend, this morning? How are you doing there? I was glad with receiving the letters you sent me. I am happy that you have the children you are taking are of, that are not yours and that they are in preschool. Thank you so much for what you are doing for those children. I am glad to know their favorite games and colors. My favorite game is football and my favorite color is red. I will make sure that at least everyday I pray for them. I will pray that G to change to a good boy at school and for C to keep being a good girl. I pray for their studies. I was glad to receive your card and I also wish you a merry Christmas and happy new year celebrations. I am happy that I am having a good time and it will be nice thinking that your holidays will also be nice. Thank you for My Father's Love Letter that you sent to me, which was really interesting. Thank you for always loving me and telling me how much God loves us. When I read the Father's Love Letter, all of the sentences and verses touched my heart, but what touched me the most was 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 and Revelation 21:3-4. Let's pray for each other. 

Derrick 

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment