Adsense

Friday, July 8, 2016

Letters from Honduras!

Recently, I received letters from three of my Honduras children. Including the letter I received from Celeste a few weeks ago, I have now heard from all of my Honduras kids since the switch over to the new system. It's been a bit of a slow process, but I am seeing great progress being made.

I will share my letters in order from youngest to oldest, as always. The first two letters are from my HO-416 kids, Nahomy and Jairo. The last letter is from Carlos, my boy at HO-352.

First up, a letter from little Jairo. I call him that, even though he isn't really that "little". But, I think he will always be little to me. Jairo is 8 years old. His letter is dated April 20th, 2016. This letter is written on the My Typical Week template. He then wrote a long personal letter afterwards.

_______________________________________________________________________________



1. Normally, I get up at: 5:00 a.m
2. In the morning, I typically: Bathe, eat breakfast, brush my teeth
3. In the afternoon, I typically: Do homework, play with my friends, ride my bicycle
4. My favorite day of the week is: Sunday because I play soccer
5. The days I go to the project are: Tuesday & Thursday 
6. I normally go to sleep at: 8:00 p.m

Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I am Jairo's tutor. He says he is very happy to be in the CDC. He tells you that he is in school and his favorite subject is math. He starts class at 7:00 a.m and finishes at 12:00 p.m. He tells you he is doing very well. His house is made of wood and zinc sheets. He lives with his mom, dad, and younger brother. Jairo sleeps in a small, wooden bed and has electricity in his home. He says what he likes about the project is learning about Jesus and eating the snacks. Typical food in Joconal is roast beef, tripe soup, refried beans, eggs, cheese, and butter. There are beautiful places here, like the Bay Islands, the Copan ruins, and the raining fish of Yoro. Jairo says his brother Moncho is 6 years old and he likes to play with toy cars and play in the water. Jairo's parents plant and cut coffee. Jairo says that Compassion is the nicest thing to happen to his community because they help children. People here travel by car, bike, or horse. Our project has 226 children enrolled. He likes to follow the rules at school and at the project, like arrive early and be respectful. Jairo's parents also have rules, like finish homework on time. He asks you to pray for his dad and his whole family.

Jairo and Jorge (Tutor)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I will share Nahomy's letter. She attends the same project as Jairo, so her letter is fairly similar. She doesn't write on templates, but some of the information is the same between the letters, as they are answering the same questions from my letters.

Nahomy is 10 years old. Her letter is also dated April 20th, 2016.

______________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I feel very happy to have received a new letter from you. I very happy to be writing to you one more time. I am doing very well. I love with my mom, dad, and siblings. I have no defined schedule. I go to school in the morning. I do have time for studying. I am diligent in my studies. My house is made of mud bricks and I sleep alone in my bed. We have electricity available in the house. I like to be called Nahomy. In school, the teacher has rules and all students have to follow them. For example, respect your teachers. My family also has rules. For example, don't get home late and only go out to play for 30 minutes. I also want to tell you we have clean water available at home. The most common job here is agriculture. Compassion helps the community by looking for a sponsor for every child. My favorite thing to do at the CDC is read the bible. There are 226 kids in the CDC. The traditional foods are my country are many, but my favorites are beleadas, enchiladas, mondongo soup, chicken soup, and catrachas. There are many famous places in my country. I live close to one famous place: The Copan Ruins. We also have the Bay Islands. My family is very united. We are three siblings. I ask you to pray for my family so we always enjoy good health and lack nothing. Blessing. See you! 

Nahomy

________________________________________________________________________________

Last up, the letter from Carlos. He is 15 years old. His letter is also dated on April 20th, 2016. That must have been letter writing day in Honduras. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla,

How are you? I am doing very well of health. My house is very secure because I live in a very secure neighborhood with police. I like to follow the rules at school and the rules at church and the Compassion project. I have a favorite book and it is the bible. I like to read God's stories. I like to wash the dishes. We can't go out without permission. I received your letters and I like the pictures in it. You look very beautiful in the picture with your family. I ask your prayers for my family and I say goodbye with a kiss and hug. 

Carlos

________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment