Adsense

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Wintry Weekend Letters

In the wake of another winter storm (hopefully the last one!), I received two letters on Saturday. Yay!

First up, a letter from Fongwin. I laugh at this letter because every time Fongwin receives a financial gift, he always tells me that he bought "stuff" with the money. No elaboration whatsoever. Boys, eh?

Fongwin is 11 years old and lives in Thailand. He wrote this letter on November 3rd, 2014.

Side note, he's due for a new photo any day now!

_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Hello sir (?). I am very glad to write to you again. Thank you so much for your kindness to me and my family. Thank you so much for sending me the birthday gift. I spent it on household stuff. My family and I are fine. How are you and your family? My second semester is going to start soon. My school performance is fair. I will study hard. My friends are fine. On the first semester's school vacation, my friends always visit me and we play together. The study in your country is almost the same as mine. I like to study Thai language. Have schools in your country started yet? In my hometown, it is winter. At night, the weather is cold. In the morning, it is foggy. Please kindly pray  for my study and my parents' work. May God bless you and your family forever. 

Love in Christ, 
Fongwin

_________________________________________________________________________________


Then, I received a letter from Florenc. This is the 4th letter from Florenc this year and it's only been two months! In 2014, I only received four letters from Florenc, total, so this year is shaping up quite well, already. 

Florenc is 15 years old and lives in Albania. This letter is dated January 17th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello, dear friend! My family and I are very happy to have you in our family. I hope everything goes well in the place you live in. My mum wishes you health and happiness, as well as many blessings for your family and friends. Best regards from all my family! 

On December 25th, my family and I went to my uncle's house, who lives in the city. We spent Christmas there. My uncle gave me a book to read as a Christmas present. He had prepared many delicious things for Christmas. My parents bought me a new jacket to wear to school. These were my gifts. 

I'm closing this letter now wishing you all the best. 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon! 

Florenc

________________________________________________________________________________


1 comment:

  1. Fongwin's description is elaborate! Haha! I hope you receive a new photo soon. I'm so glad Florenc got a jacket for Christmas and how encouraging that you've already started off the year well with his letters!

    ReplyDelete