Adsense

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Three Letter Saturday!

Every day with a letter is a good day in my book. Three letters in one day? Party!

Kwizera is usually not my most open letter writer, but seems to be making progress. This letter was very sweet.

Kwizera is 10 years and lives in Rwanda. His letter is not dated.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

My beloved parent, Kayla. I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ! I was happy to receive the letter you sent to me. You ask me about my father. My father stays with my mother. He is taking medicine and we are praying for him to be okay. (His dad has some sort of scar on his neck. I've seen it in a picture that they've sent. I'm not sure if it's from a burn, or a sickness, or what, but it seems to cause his dad daily pain.) He needs a lot of money to take to the hospital to get treatment. I study in primary 4 and I will be promoted to primary 5. I like sports. We are in the rainy season. I love you so much and I always pray for you. I thank you for the letter you sent to me and my family. We are very happy!

Yours, 
Kwizera Yves

_________________________________________________________________________________

Letters from Jhon are always a treat. He's a great young man. 

Jhon is 15 years old and lives in Bolivia. He wrote this letter on October 27th, 2014. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with the peace of the Lord. Thank you for the letters you sent me, for the stickers and the photo too. You look beautiful. I tell you that I will finish school soon and my final exams are music and P.E. In music all my course has to dance and in P.E we have to do pyramids. The other subjects are just exams. My favorite color is red. My family and I are doing fine. I am doing well in my studies. I tell you that I will travel to visit my uncles. My favorite sport is soccer. On weekends I like to play and listen to music. In the afternoon, I go to the park. I want to share a bible verse with you. Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction." I say goodbye with the peace of the Lord and hope he blesses you. 

Much Love,
Jhon

I ask you to pray for me and for my family and for the other people who do not have anything to eat or a house. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Then, I also received a letter from Emanuel. We are just getting to know each other, but he seems be quite the writer. It had been over four months since his last letter, so I was glad to hear from him again. 

Emanuel is 18 years old and lives in Tanzania. He wrote this letter on October 11th, 2014. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. My family and I are going on well. It's my hope that you are fine and healthy. Thanks for your lovely letters and stickers, which you sent to me. I was happy with it. In your letter you asked what I have learned. At the project, I learned lots of things about poverty, its insufficient in needs including food, clothes, bedding, and insufficient work and having time management. Also in another letter you asked if a child removes a tooth, what are we going to do. At our place, we normally tell them to throw the tooth on the roof and the wizard will come and eat it! Then he gives the new one as a gift. I want to ask you a question. Do you like doing exercises? Which ones? Also, I would like to pray that you have a good life. May God give you long life. 

Emanuel 

________________________________________________________________________________



1 comment:

  1. Emanuel shares a lot of details! And I love how he asked you questions!! That's so great, especially considering that he's a newer kid. And I agree..3 letters mean a party!!!

    ReplyDelete