Adsense

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Letters to My Kids: October, November, December 2014

It seems that I have gotten a little behind on sharing my letter writing with you. I have been keeping up with my writing, but I have not been keeping up with my blogging about those letters.

So, I will share with you the letters that sent to my kiddos each month. I sent one each month to all of my kids, plus every single one of my children have gotten a handwritten response letter to letters that they have sent me during the last three months, as well. Some of the kids even have gotten two. All of the letters that I share today, were sent by email to all of kids, both Compassion and World Vision. However, Compassion has fun templates, so I will share with you a screenshot of the letters. I will just share the front page, to give you an idea of the topic.

In October, I wrote to my kids about my best friend's wedding. I was in the wedding, as a bridesmaid, so I shared that with them. I wrote about some of the things that happened during the wedding and about some of the details of the reception afterward. Of course, I attached photos of the beautiful day, as well.



In November, the boy that I nanny for turned 3 years old. He had a party at Chuckie Cheese for his family and family friends. I told them about how Chuckie Cheese is an arcade and how we ate pizza and played many games. 



This month, there was a giant Christmas concert at my church. My church hosted and invited three other churches from the community, to come and sing, dance, and worship together. It was a great event and I thought the kids would have a great time hearing about it! 



So there you have it, my letters from the last three months. What did you write about in October, November, and December? I would love to hear about your topics, and maybe get some ideas for myself! 



2 comments:

  1. What fun topics!!!!! I know your kids will enjoy these glimpses into your life. In November I shared about our friends' recent adoption!! I think our kids will enjoy hearing about that since they hear about our friends quite frequently... They now have two kids the same ages (approximately) as Juanito and Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I write the same letter to all of my kids, I try to make it a glimpse into something fun that happened that month. However, there are some months that I don't do anything fun. That's when I share a bible story or something more general.

      Your friend's adoption sounds like a great letter topic!

      Delete