Adsense

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Full Mailbox!

Today I saw my mailbox full of cream colored envelopes! Four letters in one day! I'm going to mix it up today and post the letters from oldest kid to youngest kid.

First up, Elias. He is 15 years old and lives in Ethiopia. He's due for a photo update any day now! This letter was written December 27th.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you doing? Praise God, I am very fine. Thank you for all your support to me. I bought shoes with your Christmas gift money. I spent Christmas in the church singing, listening to God's word, eating sweets & bread. I was happy. I received exercise book, pen, uniform, soap, hair oil, flour, and clothes from the project. I am learning my education & Sunday school properly. Do you have pets? Please send your photo for me. Pray about my family, for my education, and my country. Bye. 

Elias

_________________________________________________________________________________

Onto Jhon. He is 15 years old now, but he was 14 when he wrote this letter. He's from Bolivia. He sure does celebrate a lot of things! I love hearing about all of the fun things he's done in this letter. This letter was written November 20th. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Thanks for the pretty letter. I greet you with the peace of the Lord. Yes, I remember that we both celebrate our anniversary on December 3rd, because we met each other that day. Yes, I can know you through these years and that is a gift for me. I tell you that we celebrated the anniversary of Santa Cruz, Bolivia on September 24th. I had a great time with my classmates. We had fun when we celebrated the holiday. We celebrated the Student's Day on September 21st and I had a great time because the teachers organized a party. I had fun in October because I was with my friends and we visited the amusement park and I was very happy when I got home. My father celebrated his birthday on September 17th and I congratulated him with a gift and we had fun. I had a great time at the dinner party of the school because it was very pretty. I enjoyed dancing with my classmates and I did rhythmic gymnastics. I participated in this activity and they gave me a good grade in music and physical education. I had a great time with my siblings and my mother. I went to Palmar the other Sunday and we picked mango and sugar cane. I also had fun with my friends in a place called Lome de Arena. I am on vacation from school. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. I say goodbye with the peace of the Lord. God bless you. 

With Love, 
Jhon

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, is a letter from my boy Sandesh, who lives in India. He is 10 years old. This letter brings some extremely great news! This letter was written December 15th. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ. I, Priyanka, write this letter on behalf of Sandesh. He is very happy to get your letter. He always tells about you to his family and friends. He is a regular student. He feels very happy for whatever you send to him. Sandesh is very clever in studies. He is very brilliant. He gets happy when he sees your letter and the gifts. He prays for you and your family. 

Sandesh has accepted Jesus as his personal savior. He is very excited to hear about God as a creator of human beings, as well as nature. 

He likes music activities. He likes to play cricket with his friends. You are most welcome in India. Sandesh's father works in a company and his mother is a house wife. They all pray for you and your family and always thank Jesus for your letters and gifts (Keep it up)

Sandesh has participated in the Christmas program. (They must have celebrated early at the project). He enjoyed it a lot. He participated in Good Samaritan skit. He also danced. He enjoyed a lot while we were celebrating with chocolates and gifts. He was asking about the Christmas celebration at your place. How is it celebrated? He is very happy to have a sponsor like you. 

He wishes you a happy Christmas and prosperous New Year. Thank you so much. God bless you on behalf of Sandesh. Yours faithful in Christ. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Last, but not least, I received my first letter from my newest sponsored child, sweet Antonio. He sent me an intro letter that told me information about him. I love first letters! Antonio is 9 years old and lives in Nicaragua. This letter wasn't dated. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


My Height: 130 cm. (4 ft. 4")
My Weight: 80 pounds
My Eye Color: Black

My Family Is: Mother, Stepfather, Brother
My Home is Located In: The City
Favorite Class: Computers
Favorite Food: Fried Chicken
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Pet: Rabbit
Favorite Bible Character: Samson
Favorite Game: Soccer

My Dream for the Future: Engineer
Please Pray For: My Family 

Dear Sponsor, I am happy for you choosing me. The name of my project is Children of Bethlehem. I am 9 years old and I study in 4th grade. I have a brother who is 1 year old. I attend the project twice a week. I like it very much because I learn the word of God. What is your favorite bible story? I say goodbye to you with much affection. 

Antonio

_________________________________________________________________________________





2 comments:

  1. Awesome letters!!! I love the work on Compassion and how it changes lives! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day we also received 4 letters at once!!!! I was so excited!!!! Hopefully I'll get to posting them soon. Your letters are so great!! Thanks for sharing them!! I loved hearing what Elias received from the project, all of Jhon's activities, Antonio's first letter (I love the first letters too!) and I especially enjoyed hearing Sandesh's wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete