Adsense

Friday, June 24, 2011

Letters to Abu

The whole point of this blog is to have a place to store the letters I get from the child I sponsor. I started sponsoring a child from Sierra Leone three years ago. His name is Abu-Bakarr and he is now 9 years old. We have been sending letters back and forth since the very beginning.

Right now (and I will continue to do so) I keep all of his letters and progress reports in a three ring binder. I know that this is a great way to do it and I will never like anything better than being able to turn through them all and see where we've been and where we are now, but I know that anything can happen and these things can all be destroyed. So, I created this blog to have a place to type everything up that he has sent to me. All of his letters are dictated to a volunteer that writes for him but it has just as much meaning to me.

This blog will have many new posts come today and then after that they will drop down significantly, as I only get a letter/update from him every month or two.

I'm not really expecting any followers on this blog. It's really something I just want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment