Adsense

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Form Letters for Miles!

There is just something so wonderful about these long posts of letters. They may not be exciting to read to the average Joe, but for me, going back over the years and reading the letters from my children is just such a blessing. I thank God for each and every child I get to write to.

This post will be chock full of form letters from the youngest in my brood.

We'll start with a letter from one of my little guys, Dedilhomme. He's writing this letter on the My Hopes for the Future letter template.

Dedilhomme is 6 years old, lives in Haiti, and his letter is dated April 9th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. In the future I hope to be: A Teacher

2. In the future I hope to visit: USA

3. In the future I want to get married: Yes

4. In the future I want to go to university: Yes 

5. In the future I want to have kids: Yes 

Dedilhomme says it is a great joy for him to write to you in the mighty name of Jesus. He loves you so much. How did you spend Easter? He was glad to celebrate Easter with his family. He asks for you to pray for him to grow up in God's grace. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next I share a letter from another one of my boys. This time, from Lenin. This letter is titled My Community.

Lenin is 6 years old. He lives in Peru. His letter is dated April 30th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My community is located in: Ferrenafe 

2. My community is called: Espedito Ruro 

3. A common type of transportation in my community is: Bicycle 

4. People in my community speak this language: Spanish

5. One fun thing to do in my community is: Riding a Bike 

Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I write on behalf of Lenin. He wants to thank you for the letter you sent. He also thanks you for the pages of the car and the motorbike. He wants to tell you that he is well. He says that he likes to be an older brother and he takes care of his younger siblings. He says that it is cold in Peru now and he gets warm when he goes to sleep. He wants to know if you prefer cold or hot weather. He would like you to pray for God to take care of his family. He says goodbye with love. 

________________________________________________________________________________

As I look ahead at the letters I will be sharing in this post, it looks like this post will be a male-dominated one. Not really surprising if you look at the make-up of my sponsorship family. :) 

This next letter is from Muuo, who is writing on the My Holiday/School Break letter template. 

Muuo is 7 years old and lives in Kenya. He wrote this letter on May 7th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. There are three school breaks in a year. 

2. They are in the months of: April, August, and December 

3. My school breaks normally last for: 3-4 weeks 

4. During my school breaks I often: Stay at home 

5. During my school break I love to: Help in the garden 

6. My favorite activity during my school break is: Riding my bicycle 

7. My favorite person to spend time with during my school break is: My brother 

8. One thing I would like to do during my school break in the future is: Toy car racing 

9. One person I would like to visit during my school break in the future is: My grandmother 

10. In the future during my school break, I would like visit: Nairobi 


Muuo sends you loving greetings. He asks how you are doing over there. He says he is well here together with his parents and siblings. He says he is happening to learn about the broomball game. He has never heard of it before. He says yes, he is born again. He became born again at the project when one Saturday, the preacher of the day asked who wanted to give their lives to Jesus, and he did. He says bye for now and wishes you God's blessings always. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter written on the My Family template. This letter is from Djimitri. I always love learning the name of my kids' siblings. I keep a document for each of my kids and love to be able to add family members' names. 

Djimitri is 6 years old and is from Togo. He wrote this letter on April 19th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My siblings from oldest to youngest are: Daniel, Hope

2. In my family, I spend the most time with: My mother 

3. Extended family members that live with me are: None 

4. My family lives in the: Urban region

5. My food is prepared by: My mother 

6. My favorite way to help my family is: Sweeping rooms 

7. Please pray for my family for the following needs: Health and happiness 

Thank you for all your support. Please pray for my family. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Just like earlier in this post, I also received the My Holiday/School Break letter from my boy Hillary. 

Hillary is 8 years old, lives in Kenya, and his letter is dated May 12th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. There are three school breaks in a year. 

2. They are in the months of: April, August, and December 

3. My school breaks normally last for: 1 month 

4. During my school breaks I often: Go to the beach 

5. During my school break I love to: Travel

6. My favorite activity during my school break is: Playing with my brother 

7. My favorite person to spend time with during my school break is: My brother 

8. One thing I would like to do during my school break in the future is: Go to Kisumu

9. One person I would like to visit during my school break in the future is: My grandmother 

10. In the future during my school break, I would like visit: Other countries 

Dear Sponsor, 

Hello, my friend. I hope you are well. Thank you for the many letters you sent to me. The stories you share with me are so interesting. I learned to never enter somebody's house without permission. 

Yours,
Hillary

________________________________________________________________________________

I have two more letters to share with you in this particular post and both letters will represent the female side of my sponsorship family (finally!). ;) 

This letter is from Yeraini and it is written on the My Community writing template.

Yeraini is 6 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. She wrote this letter on April 30th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My community is called: Baley #6

2. My community is located in: The countryside 

3. A common type of transportation in my community is: Motorcycle

4. A common job in my community is: Housekeeper 

5. In my community the weather is: Hot


Dear Kayla, 

Yeraini sends you much love. She gives you thanks for everything you have done for her and for the letter you sent to her. She really loves the tale of Little Red Riding Hood. Please pray for all of her friends from school. She says goodbye with much love. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

We have reached the last letter of the post, which is a letter from Nicol. She wrote her letter on the About Me template and then included a long letter at the end. Nicol's letters are always extra special, with either a long message or extra photos. She's a special girl. 

Nicol is 5 years old, is from Colombia, and wrote this letter on May 2nd, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My name means: Crowned Woman 

2. I am the 2nd child in my family. 

3. I am 116 cm tall. 

4. The color of my hair is: Brown

5. The color of my eyes are: Brown 

6. One thing I do really well is: Homework 

7. Things I like to do are: Playing, drawing, and painting 

Hello Dear Kayla, 

Nicol and her family thank you for looking out for her and for sharing your anecdotes. This is Nicol's teacher writing to you on her behalf because she can't do it yet. She says her mom reads your letters to her and she would like to meet you someday. As she is studying, she spends most of her time doing homework. She gives you a verse; Isaiah 60:22. She is learning about vowels and numbers. Regarding your question, she says she's in good health. She had a happy Christmas with her family. During that time, the project had a party where they gave presents to the children. She says she got a doll that is as big as her. She also spent time with her family, sharing presents. Also, she accepted Jesus in her heart because he died on the cross to save us all. Nicol tells you Jonah's story in the following way: Jonah got in the boat and God made the waters move fast. Jonah was swallowed by a whale. Then he prays for Jesus to forgive him and take him out of the whale. He is placed on the beach and he keeps his promise of going to Niveah. She sends you blessings. May God bless you. Many kisses.

_________________________________________________________________________________  


No comments:

Post a Comment