Adsense

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Assorted Letters from My Older Boys

As promised, here is the third in my "assorted letters" series. Now I get to take the rest of the week to respond to all of these lovely letters. It should be a fun time! These letters are from boys that no longer use the template form to write. Most kids seem to graduate from the template letters around age 9 or so, but that is not a set number and it varies from country to country.

The letters start off with a letter from Dagim. He is relatively new to writing letters with a template, but seems to be coming into his own, personality wise. I hope to have many more years writing to him.

Dagim is 10 years old and lives in Ethiopia. His letter is dated April 14th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


Beloved Sponsor Kayla, 

How are you doing? My family and I are fine. I am happy and thankful about the letter you sent to me recently and what you shared with me about Daniel (his assigned prayer partner). I like fruit, salad, ice cream, soccer, and drawing like he does. I also like singing hymns. Please tell Daniel that I pray for him. Formal class is good. Please pray for me to get a good result and also for my family. Let us know about your prayer requests. I love you! 

_________________________________________________________________________________

The next letter is from Muzuro. This guy has such perfect, but TINY handwriting. I actually had to increase the size on my computer to accurately read what he was writing. I don't know how it does it. It's actually pretty impressive. Plus, this guy is a super letter writer! Like, I'm so moved by his letters. He seems like a pretty special young man. 

Muzuro is 15 years old, from Uganda, and he wrote this letter on April 14th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I hope that you are fine, in good weather conditions. I want to thank God for protecting me from childhood up until now. May his named be praised. I was so happy to receive a letter from you. I was very happy to read the story of Little Red Riding Hood from your country. I liked the part when Little Red Riding Hood arrived at her grandmother's house and knocked on the door and the wolf said "come in", pretending to be the grandmother. This is the part that made me laugh. It was enjoyable to me. Please if you write to me again, share another story from your country. I like reading stories. I tell you the thing that pleased me the most was the coloring paper of the car. I am going to color them and put them in my book. Please send me another of a storage building. I want to thank God for giving me talents, for example in playing ball, riding a bicycle, in making items with clay and barbed wire, in drawing, and in dancing. I am praying to God to allow my talents to help my parents so that our family's suffering can change to happiness. 

If God allows us to see each other face to face, we can have a competition in dance. I know I will win. God be with you. Please I ask you to pray for my family so that our suffering can change to better. Sometimes there is no money to buy food and we go without eating something. God be with you. 

Muzuro Michael 

________________________________________________________________________________

Letters from this next boy are getting increasingly special for me. Carlos is set to graduate next February and I know that between now and then, there will only be a few more letters between us. I've been writing to Carlos for so long. I'm going to miss him so much.

Carlos is 17 years old and lives in Honduras. He wrote this letter on April 11th, 2018.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Kayla, 

Are you healthy with your family? I am healthy, thank God. I thank you for sending a letter. I would like to visit your country and meet the people in your family. I would also like to help my grandmother and meet my sponsors through a picture. When I grow up I want to be a teacher. I am doing well in school and doing well with my family. In my country we are in summer. It is very hot most of the time. Here in Honduras we only have two seasons during the year; winter and summer. I would like to play in snow someday. I like the pictures of the vehicles that move snow, so that cars can pass by with no problems. I say goodbye with kisses and hugs. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

The next letter is from Bryan, who is still very young, but writes nice, long letters. He seems like a very intelligent boy. 

Bryan is 9 years old, is from Nicaragua, and his letter is dated March 17th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

How are you? I hope that you are good. I always think about you. I glorify the Lord because you are my sponsor and you are in my heart. I received your letter. I think it is so interesting the big trees. I could also see in your pictures. It is great! Thank you so much for remembering me. You asked me a question and I want to answer it. I have not had the opportunity to accept Jesus into my heart, but I know that he loves me and that I have to accept him in my heart. I have gone to the circus before, but it is not a good idea to go again because there are magicians there that do magic tricks. I know that those things are not good. 

Besides, I pray for you and your family. I could see the snow in the pictures that you sent me. We do not get snow here because the weather is too warm. Thank you so much for the pages you sent me. 

Thank you very much for remembering me all the time. Please keep praying for me. I have received so many gifts from God. My family and you are very big blessings for me! I hope to meet you some day. I love you so much. 

Your Sponsored Boy,
Bryan

_______________________________________________________________________________

The next letter is from another one of my boys who is sent to graduate next year. I have just over a year left with him. I do not take that for granted! 

Jhon is 19 years old and lives in Bolivia. His letter is dated March 28th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with the peace of the Lord. I tell you that I am well. GAP is a program in which we do acts of service in the community and in my neighborhood. In the Compassion project we do homework and service activities. I have already applied it to painting the classrooms and decorating so that it looks nice. Thanks to God, I did have a good Christmas. I spent Christmas with my family. At midnight we popped fireworks, then we ate barbecue. It was delicious! My best present ever is when I was 12. My parents bought me a video game and I took very good care of it. I tell you that I am studying industrial computer science in an institute and I am in my first semester. I ask God that he allows me to continue ahead. I pray for you so that God blesses you and your family. Please pray for my studies, my health, my family, and my friends. 

With Love,
Jhon

_______________________________________________________________________________

The last letter of this post comes from my boy Jhonrex. I am so glad to hear that things are going well for him. In his last letter he told me that he was hoping to join a Cell-Group (like a small group), if he could find the time. It looks like he did! 

He is responding to a letter I wrote to him in APRIL and it was STILL SNOWING. It is much warmer (and even hot) here now. 

Jhonrex is 17 years old and is from the Philippines. His letter is dated April 21st, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla ,

Hello. How are you? If you ask about me and my family, we are okay. Thank you for the letters you sent. You talked about last new year and Christmas and how cold it is where you live. I also received letters that had photos of bulldozers and of you with your family. I am glad that you continue writing to me and praying for me. 

About our weather here it is now hot because it is summer. But there in your place, it is still very cold, so please take care of yourself. I am now in a cell-group with only four other members. We study the Bible, learn about God, and pray for one another. About school, I am still pursuing Alternative Learning School because I still desire to finish studying. I am also assisting the teachers here in our center. We teach the small children. 

Please pray that I will be in good health always. Also for my family. What activities do you do there during the winter? Do you enjoy it? 

I end this message now. Thank you for your unending support. God bless you. 

Respectfully Yours,
Jhonrex

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment