Adsense

Friday, April 14, 2017

Five Letters Into April

After the huge letter success of last month, I was expecting less letters this month and I was correct. I have received five letters so far this month and that is still such a blessing. Five letters from five beautiful children. It doesn't get much better than that.

First up, I received an introduction letter from one of my newest girls, Kamaldine. Learning this first bit of information from a child is always so great. It feels as if the relationship has truly begun with a first letter.

Kamaldine is 5 years old and lives in Burkina Faso. Her letter is dated March 25th, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. My Father: Ismael 
2. My Mother: Balquissa
2. My Brothers: Mohammad 
4. My Sisters: None 
5. Caregiver's Name: Ismael 
6. Others: Haimouna (Grandmother) 

7. Favorites: 
Food: Mixed Rice 
Color: Yellow
Activity: Songs
Animal: Ox

8. My project is 1 km from my house

9. I got to my project by: Motorcycle 

10. I go to my project on: Saturday 

Hello dear supporter! I am very glad to write to you. I attend school but now we are on break. I attend primary school grade 1 and I had 9.25 out of 10 as an average grade. It is warm here and there is a dry wind too. I play in my home with my friend Cheiok who I love a lot because he is too kind to me. I have a friend at school called Nafi. I sincerely greet you. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Kwizera Yves. I just heard from him last month, so another letter is great. I have been receiving letters less than every two months from many of my children lately. This is a wonderful improvement over waiting many months before the new system switched over. This new system keeps proving itself over and over again.

Kwizera Yves is 12 years old and lives in Rwanda. He wrote this letter on April 8th, 2017. It took mere DAYS to get to me, as I received it earlier this week.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Beloved sponsor who I love very much. I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ. My family and I love you and we pray for you. May God bless you. It has been raining here in Rwanda. At school I obtained 56% marks and we are in holidays for the 1st term. We will soon start the 2nd term. Thank you for the photos and for telling me that you celebrated Christmas at home. We celebrated our Christmas at the project. We ate and prayed. Thank you for the questions you asked me. My favorite fruits are oranges. My favorite vegetable is cabbage. My favorite food is rice. On a sunny day I play soccer and on a cold day I put on warm clothes and sleep. My favorite sport is football. I am pleased that you told me about Mulwa. I am pleased that we share the same sponsor. Does Mulwa like to pray? Thank you. 

Yours, 
Yves 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Jhojaira who has turned into quite a chatterbox. :) 

Jhojaira is 13 years old and lives in Peru. Her letter is dated Marh 4th, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus. I hope you are in good health. I'm happy to receive your letter and pictures. I want to tell you about my Christmas. We had steak and we played the secret family gift exchange. We also celebrated my birthday and we had cake and pork and chicken. We went to different touristic places. We also celebrated New Year's. We made a person doll and we burnt it at midnight. It symbolizes an old person and the best is yet to come in the new year. Then we shot a lot of fireworks and drank hot chocolate and ate cake. I enjoyed every moment because I was with my family. I send greetings to your family wishing you blessings and a happy 2017. I say bye with kisses and hugs. 

Love,
Jhojaira

________________________________________________________________________________

Then I will share a letter from Brian, who appears to not have been feeling very chatty when he wrote this letter. Just the basics and then it was off to hang out with his friends, if I had to guess. 

Brian is 15 years old and lives in Kenya. His letter is dated February 25th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Receive warm greetings in Jesus name. I am hoping that you are fine. My family is fine and God has been protecting us. How is your family? In our country, the weather is sunny and cold. How is the weather in your country? I am so glad because God has protected me and I am able to see another year. Before I wind up, I have a memory verse I want to share with you. It is Psalm 121. It says, "I will look up to the mountains. From where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth." Thank you for the letter that you wrote to me and for your support. May God bless you. 

Brian 

________________________________________________________________________________

And to end, another great letter from my pal Gary. I haven't been writing to him long but his letters are great! It's almost as if he has just been waiting for somebody to write to, to share his thoughts with. I am so glad to have him in my life. He is such a great young man.

Gary is 16 years old and is from Nicaragua. He wrote this letter on February 9th, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________



Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Gary greets you. Thank you for the sponsorship and for all the blessings you give to me. I thank you for the letter you sent me. It made me so happy. I spent Christmas with my family. I went to the park with my friends and visited my dad. I had a good time and they took us to a place called "Playa Gigante". I had a good time there because we swam and we ate. I am beginning a new school year and ministry. I am excited because there are going to be new guys who I will join with and make new friends. How did you spend Christmas? How has your health been? I would like to know, how old are you? I pray for you and I ask you to pray for my mom and my family. I say goodbye with love and affection, asking God to take care of you all the time. 

Gary 




_______________________________________________________________________________





No comments:

Post a Comment