Adsense

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

High School Life

I received two letters the other day, from two of my teenagers; Enatenesh and Florenc. Both mention school in their letters.

I am particularly fond of Florenc's letter, in this case, as he asks me for advice. I love all of my kids, but there has always been something special about Florenc. He really seems to value my advice and encouragement and I enjoy giving it to him. In this letter, he mentions that adolescence can be tough and asks about my teen years. To be honest, I had some rough teenage years and don't know where I would be without the help of some of the adults in my church. I wish I could talk to Florenc face-to-face about some of the things going on in his life, I really do. For now, letters will have to suffice.

I'll share Enatenesh's letter first. She is 18 and lives in Ethiopia. Her letter is dated February 22nd, 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you doing, beloved sponsor? I am well and so is my family. My family forwards their greetings to you with honor. Thank you for all the donations you have been providing to me through the project. I am attending Sunday school at the project, too. Both of my brothers are working. Wasihun is a chauffeur and Yohannis is a conductor. Civics in my favorite school subject. Until we meet in another letter, cheerio!

Enatenesh

_______________________________________________________________________________

Onto Florenc's letter. He is 16 years old and lives in Albania. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hi Kayla, 

How are you? I'm glad that I'm writing to you today. When I write to you, I feel better, even though life sometimes can get hard. Sometimes we face gladness and love while other times abruptness and sorrow. What is life like for you? How have you dealt with adolescence? Do you recall struggles and confusions for which you might laugh at today? I'd love to hear something about them from you! 

Regarding my name, that is something I've chosen. Now, I like being called Lenci. If you like, you can call me that, as I like hearing from you.

My parents and my brother are well. As for me, I'd love it also if spring could come soon, although we did celebrate the Summer Day Festival which was on the 14th of March. This is a traditional holiday in my country, especially for the city of Elbasan. The traditional dessert is called "Ballokume". I had a great time that day. The whole city was filled with people from the villages and other cities. There were concerts and many entertaining activities and games at the center of the city. 

I hope you can come one day so that we can celebrate together. 

I have to end this letter now. Please write soon! 

Florenc

________________________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. Those are some deep questions from Florenc. I'd have to think about those before answering. I pray he has an easier time soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been honest with my kids, especially Florenc (it's always been a tough question and situation kind of guy). I plan to be honest with this letter, too. I had rough teenager years and overcame those difficulties. I'll tell him all about it.

      Delete