Adsense

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Another Round of Colombian Letters

I worked at the Compassion table at the Hearts for Home conference on Saturday. I work this event every year and it's literally my favorite day of the whole year. Better than my birthday. Better than Christmas. Anything. I hear the most inspiring, loving, tear-jerking stories and I encounter some of the most loving people I come across all year. It is truly a blessing to work at that table. Plus, over 150 children were sponsored!

When I came home, I saw three letters in my mailbox, from three of my Colombian kids. I have yet to hear from my newest Colombian boy, Jose, and was hoping to see a letter from him in this bunch, but nothing yet. My Colombian letters always come at the same time, so hopefully his letter will be in the next batch.

I'll go youngest to oldest, per usual.

That makes Jonatan up first. He tells me about school first and then shares some other things with me.

Jonatan is 8 years old. He wrote this letter on February 19th, 2016.

_______________________________________________________________________________



My school year starts in: January and I'm in 3rd grade. 
What I like the most about my school is: The computer classroom. 
My favorite subject is Math and the one I like the least is Spanish. 
My best friend at school is Edwin and he is 8 years old. 
In order to go to school I have to: Wait for the school bus. 

I greet you with love. Yes, I could see the eclipse on the 27th of September and I think it was great and this is why I stayed up to see it until the end. How was your Christmas and new year? Thank you so much for your letter with the pictures and details about the eclipse. Thank you also for the stickers, Christmas images, and the drawing to color. I want to tell you that I played in a soccer championship and I was the goalie. We won so I got an honorable mention for being the best goalie. Everybody on the team was happy. I want to share this verse with you; Psalm 18:20. May God bless you always. 

Jonatan Caleb

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, the same kind of letter from Daniel. He wrote on the same topics as Jonatan, but doesn't do form (fill in the blank) letters anymore.

Daniel is 10 years old. His letter is dated February 17th, 2016.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Good morning my dear sponsor, 

I send you and your family a big greeting. In this opportunity, I want to tell you that my school year starts each year by the end of February and I'm in 5th grade. What I like most about my school is the soccer field and the big classrooms. My favorite subject is math, but I also like religion, computers, Spanish, and ethics. My best friend in school is Adrian and he is 12 years old. In order to go to school, I have to walk through a very busy street. Did you finish high school? Did you go to college? What was your favorite? I also saw the moon when it was getting red. Thank you for telling me about your experience with the eclipse and thank you also for the stickers. In December, I received many presents and I shared them with my grandparents. I leave you with kisses and hugs and I hope to hear from you. I want to share this verse with you today: Isaiah 41:10. May God bless you. 

Daniel 

________________________________________________________________________________

Last up, a letter from sweet Lina. It's always a treat to hear more about her. 

Lina is 17years old. Her letter is dated February 4th, 2016. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

I greet you in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ, wishing you're doing very well. I want to tell you that I feel very happy because I passed the school year and all my family is proud of me. I want to ask you to please help me pray so that in my next school year I will do just as well. I also want to thank you for all the support you have given me during all these years because you have been a great blessing to my life. I want to tell you that the name of my community is Union de Vivienda Popular and one of the most common jobs is construction. Now I want to tell you that the weather in my community is sunny, as well as in other cities. I want to tell you that in my community, as well as in my family, we celebrate Christmas and New Year with a lot of families activities, one of them being a dinner and spending time with friends. I want to tell you that my Christmas gift was a dress. Regarding your question, I didn't see the red moon. I say goodbye, but first I want to give you this verse: Isaiah 4:10. I say goodbye with a hug. 

Lina

_________________________________________________________________________________



1 comment:

  1. Nice letters! I just got a letter from my Colombian boy too.

    ReplyDelete