Adsense

Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Ugandan Trifecta

Earlier this week, I received three letters from Uganda. I'll share each of them with you today, in age order, of course. :)

First up, the letter from Derrick. He is 12 years old. He wrote this letter on October 21st, 2015.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

I am Derrick, greeting you this morning. I am happy to tell you that I have received all your letters. Thank you for all the encouraging words, the pictures, and the greetings. The Father's Love Letter was so good. I have to keep reading it. The fruits of the spirit letter was also good. Thank you also for the birthday wishes. I also received the gift money. God bless you! Greetings to G and C. Tell them have grown. Greetings to the Sunday school children in your church. I loved seeing them. Let me share with you my God sightings. For me, I see God in church and also in nature.

These are the things I bought with the money I received: Two hens, a pair of shoes, rice. Be blessed. I thank you again. Have a good time! 

Derrick

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from the ever-lovely Brenda. She is 16 years old. She wrote this letter on September 29th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

I am greeting you in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. How are you and how is your family? Back to me, I am okay. 

The reason why I have written this letter is to thank you for sending letters to me. I have received them and they are six in number. 

Now we are in our in third term at school and I am doing well. The books are going well and I am reading very hard. In our area we are receiving both rainfall and sunshine and our crops are growing very well, like beans. We are also harvesting Irish potatoes. My parents and my grandparents are fine and they are greeting you in the name of Jesus Christ, so receive their greetings. 

You asked me to tell you about my country. My country's Independence Day is celebrated on October 9th. The colors of our flag are black, yellow, and red. I love my country. Another question you asked me is: Where do I see God in my community? I see God in the way he is transforming my friends when they receive Jesus, the change in their characters. I like playing volleyball and football. What about you? What is your favorite color? 

Here, I have a verse which I want to share with you and it is from the book of Ecclesiastes 7:1. It says, "A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth." It teaches me how I can live in society with others when you have a good name. When you have a bad name, you live in a way that is not pleasing in society. 

Thank you and may God bless you. 

Your's Faithfully,
Brenda

________________________________________________________________________________

Now, as if that last letter wasn't long enough, this next one is even longer. But, that's a good thing, of course! 

This letter is from Eric. He is 20 years old. This letter is dated October 28th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

How are you and how are your family members? Back to me, I am okay, both at home and at school. I am doing well and I am reading book very hard in order to pass the promotion exams. My family celebrated Easter well and we enjoyed it. I am very happy to hear that you have other children that you write to, especially Enatenesh from Ethiopia. She is a nice looking girl and I hope one time I will see her face to face. I will always remember her in my prayers so that God will keep her healthy always. I also send greetings to her and tell her that she is special before God. Does she have any brothers or sisters? I am very thankful before God for the great work you are doing especially through ministering to children. God is ready to reward you abundantly. I have seen God in our community shelter, clothes, food, and medical care to the needy and when I saw what God created, like mountains and valleys. I get to know that no one is like God. He can change our lives the way he wants. If he says yes, no one can say no. God has done many things in my life, especially by letting you to be my special sponsor. Really, I am always proud of you. Thank you for your letters that you always send to me. They are so encouraging and I will always read them. I would like to share Proverbs 23:18 with you. I wish you God's blessings together with your family members. I remain your son, 

Eric

_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment