Adsense

Friday, February 20, 2015

Winter Blues Made Better

Today, under the threat of yet another snowstorm, I am officially fed up with winter. We've had ice, snow, freezing rain, and too many below zero days to count and I'm sick of it. We will most likely get another three or so inches of snow tonight, for me to scrape off my car in the morning. Blech!

But, my grouchy mood was elevated a bit when I found two letters in my mailbox. Letters and love from two sweet kids.

I'll first share my letter from Sadiya. She is 10 years old and lives in India. She wrote this letter on November 21st, 2014.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ. I received your letter. I like to read your letters. Thank you very much for your photos. I received them. My studies are going well. My best subject is Hindi. This month my project provided me a school sweater. Christmas season is going to come. In our project, Christmas dance program practice is going on. I will participate in dance program. Pray for my family members. I also pray for your family. Thank you. 

Your Loving Sadiya

________________________________________________________________________________

I also got a letter from Derrick. It sure hasn't taken him long to get chatty in his letters. 

Derrick is 12 years old and lives in Uganda. He wrote this letter on January 12th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Christ our Lord. I hope this letter will find you well. I am doing well now. We have holidays until early February. I am happy for the letter you wrote to me. I was happy to learn what is done in your area when a child loses a tooth. In our area when a child loses one of their teeth, he is told to put it where a rat will come and take it and put money in its place. The child keeps checking until he finds money and is very happy. 

How was your Christmas season? I had mine with my family members and on that day we went out as a family to watch some presenters. 

At my project I am in the football club. I am also in the hair dressing class where I am learning how to cut and trim hair. My teacher at the project taught us how to keep our bodies clean and about life skills to help us make good choices in life. 

My bible verse to share with you is Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." 

I thank you for being my friend and please keep on praying for me to be successful in my studies and to stay healthy. May God bless you for all your support and love. Happy new year. 

Derrick

________________________________________________________________________________



1 comment: