Adsense

Monday, February 9, 2015

Great Info from my Colombian Boys

My two sweet Colombian boys, Caleb and Daniel, both attend the same project. Caleb writes on the form templates still and Daniel does not. However, they both are directed to write on the same basic topics, to start before they are allowed to write their own message.

This time, they shared what they like to do in their free time, a future goal, their favorite animals, and a pet they would like to have. I loved learning these things about my boys!

First up, Caleb's letter. He is 7 years old. He wrote this letter on December 2nd, 2014.

_______________________________________________________________________________



Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Cordial greetings to you from your friend. 

In my free time: I hang out with my family and my best friends

Someday I would like to: Speak and write English

My favorite animals are: the tiger, the horse, and the puma

I would like to have a dog as a pet. I would name it Motas. 

I am doing very well, thanks to God. I feel very happy for having you as my sponsor. I want you to know that we are currently on school holidays. What I like the most about my school is learning mathematics. I also want you to know that they bought a delicious cake and a beautiful present for my birthday. When is your birthday? I want to tell you that we will go to a farm located in Guayabetal to visit my dear family. My family sends their regards to you and my mom says that she prays a lot for you. We dedicate the following bible verse to you: Isaiah 58:11. 

Jonatan Caleb 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, a letter from Daniel. All of my sponsored kiddos are intelligent and have their own set of talents. However, I call Daniel my genius boy. He's currently in 3rd grade and is performing above average. He writes BRILLIANT letters. He describes himself eloquently and seems to love everything about learning. In this letter, I learned that his father is a musician and that really explains a lot to me. Children that are exposed to music have great starts in life. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

My dear sponsor, I say hi to you affectionately. I am doing very well and I feel very happy for having you has my sponsor, thanks to God. I share my spare time with my family. I would like to learn how to pilot and airplane one day. My favorite animals are parrots, elephants, eagles, and birds. I would like to have a pet parrot and its name would be Rayo. I want to express my gratitude to you because you always want to know how I am doing at school. I feel very happy because I will go to fourth grade in elementary school next year. We are taking the following subjects at school: Spanish, mathematics, IT, natural science, social studies, art, religion, as well as English. The subject I like most is mathematics. I want to tell you that the church I am currently attending is organizing a musical project and the children will be able to learn how to play musical instruments, such as the guitar, the violin, the flute, the drums, the tambourine, and "El Charrasco". The best thing is that my father is going to teach the children attending this course. I would like to learn how to play the violin and the drums. Please pray a lot for this course to be completed. My family sends a lot of hugs and kisses to you. I would like to dedicate a precious bible verse to you, Psalm 27:1, "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, whom shall I fear?" Do you have a prayer request for me? I will pray for you. 

Juan Daniel



For those that are curious: El Charrasco



_________________________________________________________________________________



2 comments:

  1. What wonderful letters! I do love how Daniel expresses himself.....my Colombian girl is like that - it's wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. Daniel is such a great letter writer! That's so fun to see the charrasco... I like looking up things like that too! I love that both your boys like math. And I think the letter where the kids share about their dreams is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete