Adsense

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Two Lovely Letters from Florenc

Today I received two letters each, from both of my Albanian young men. It is always so exciting to see that WV orange in my mailbox.

I always enjoy hearing from Florenc, but at the same time, his letters are typically heartbreaking, as well. He and his family really do go through a lot of struggle, especially with his mother's failing health. I really feel for Florenc, who is deeply affected by it all.

Florenc is 15 years old. This first letter was written on December 4th, 2014.


________________________________________________________________________________

Greetings my dear friend, 

I was very happy to receive two letters from you on the same day. I opened them and read them two times. Then I showed them to my parents who were very happy to hear from you. I know that my parents make the best efforts to give me the possibility to finish high school, so I'm very thankful to them. I'm doing my best to learn English at school. In this way, I'll be able to find a better job in the future and help my family. As for me, I'm in good health, but one day when I came home from school, I found my mother sick and I was really worried to see my mother laying in bed. My brother was there, staying near her, while my father had gone to call the doctor. So before the doctor came I did some chores and cleaned the house. My mom was very please and she asked me not to worry because she was going to be fine. The doctor came and gave her some injections and left. 

The weather is changing here and is getting colder. We have had some rainy days and some sunny days. I'm closing this letter with the best regards from me and my family. 

Lots of love from,
Florenc

_________________________________________________________________________________

This next, short, letter was written on December 22nd, 2014. 

________________________________________________________________________________

My dear friend Kayla,

I was very happy to receive your letter and I was even happier when I opened and read it. After reading it, I showed it to my parents. After they read it they told me to write a letter back to you at once. 

I was glad to hear about G's birthday and my family and I wish him "Happy Birthday" and a long life! 

G's photo where he was eating his birthday cake was very nice. 

I'll write again soon, my friend. 

Lots of love,
Florenci 

_________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what Florenc is going through seeing his mom. Poor guy. But he still writes such engaged letters!

    ReplyDelete