Adsense

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Letters from India

Today I received two lovely letters from India, from Solomon and Sandesh. It has only been about one month since I last heard from them both, so I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

I got the How I Have Fun template from Solomon. I love these template letters for the younger kids. It really helps me get to know them. Like always, Solomon also included a lovely letter on the back.

Solomon is 8 years old. This letter is dated May 27th, 2014.

________________________________________________________________________________



How I Have Fun


1. During my free time, I like to: Watch Cricket

2. I usually have fun with:  My Friends

3. For me, fun is: Drawing

4. What I am at the project, I like to: Do Coloring 

5. I have the most fun: During Holidays 

Dear Sponsor Kayla,

Greetings to you in the Jesus' name. I am Mrs. Umakumar, project staff member, writing this letter on behalf of Solomon. He is asking How are you? Solomon and his family are doing well, by God's grace. He is very happy to receive your letter and the scripture verse in it. He liked it very much and he was happy to hear about the story of Easter and how Jesus died on the cross and rose again on the 3rd day. He and his family also celebrated Easter on April 20th. He is very happy to hear that Easter is your favorite holiday. He liked it very much this year too. I explained the question to him that you wrote in your letter. (In my Easter letter, I asked my kids what they think it will be like when Jesus returns back to Earth) Solomon answered "Faith." School will be open again on June 2nd. He is waiting to see his friends and enjoying the school day. Please pray for him. He is also praying for you. 

Thanking you

_________________________________________________________________________________

This letter from Sandesh was really interesting. He shared a trip that he took with the other children from his project. He sounds like he really got to experience and learn a lot. He sounds like he had a very inspirational day. 

Sandesh is 10 years old. This letter is dated June 21st, 2014

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus. Myself, Priyanka, child development facilitator, am writing this letter on behalf of Sandesh. 

How are you and your family? Sandesh always remembers you and your family. What's going on? Sandesh and his family are happy here by the grace of God. Now this month, school reopened and Sandesh was promoted to 6th grade. He is enjoying the project and school. He regularly goes to the project and school. Sandesh is good in his studies. 

He is excited about your letters. He is really happy hearing about you in your letters. Now, it is the rainy season here. What type of season is it there? He really thanks you for the blanket and cross. Thank you for the gifts. They are really useful for him. 

A picnic was organized by the project and Sandesh was there with us. He was very happy. We also visited Pune City. There is an orphan mission there named Pamdita Ramabai Mukti Mission. Pandita Ramabai was from the Brahaman family. She was studying about different religions and when she was studying about the Lord Jesus, her life changed and salvation came in her life. She accepted Jesus as her savior. After this, she opened the mission for orphan girls, blind women and girls, and young widows, so that they will be safe there. She was really a spiritual and helpful woman. Seeing such a beautiful place and knowing such a touching story, Sandesh was really happy. He learned many things from that. There are many blessings in that place. 

He is inviting you to India. He sends you a lot of love and prayers, and to your family. Thank you so much for your help, support, and prayer. 

On Behalf of Sandesh

_________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like Sandesh really enjoyed the trip! I love that via sponsorship, the kids get to see more of their local worlds! And I agree, the form letters are so informative. That's so fun that you learned that Solomon really liked art and watching cricket!!

    ReplyDelete