Adsense

Monday, August 18, 2014

From Uganda, With Love

Whew! This may have been the longest stretch of time I've gone without vlogging. But, I am back and it's with wonderful letters to share.

Today I received three letters, one from each of my kids in Uganda. Compassion must be doing something right in Uganda because all three of my kids challenged me spiritually. I think I'm really going to have a great time replying to their letters. All three of these kids write in English.

First up, a letter from Derrick. Derrick is 11 years old. This letter was written June 19th, 2014.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Thank you for all my letters. I was happy to know you received my letter. I am doing well and I was happy to see you in the photo. I also loved the picture of Rend Collective Experiment band. 

The stories of Jesus healing Peter's mother-in-law and calming the storm are also good. I too love the story of Jesus calming the storm. 

Yes, I know the story of Easter. It is when Jesus' defeat of death is celebrated. I think when Jesus returns there will be both joy and sadness. Believers will have joy and those who refused him will be sad. 

School is on for term two and it will continue up to August. Uganda is warm. God is and is taking good care of us. 

Derrick

_______________________________________________________________________________

Next up, a letter from Brenda. Brenda is 14 years old. This letter was written June 14th, 2014.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

I am greeting you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. How are you and how are your family members? Back to me, I am okay. In our area we are receiving both sunshine and rainfall. We are weeding beans and harvesting potatoes. At school I am doing well. I am in Senior 1 and my position for term one was 146th out of 219. Pray for me to do well next term. 

I am writing this letter to inform you and to thank you for sending me the letters because I have gotten them all. 

Now I am in bible class and choir. I am the one who is the choir leader and I love God. Do you love God? Why do you love God? 

Here I have a verse, Isaiah 26:2. It says that "Open the gates that the righteous nation may enter, the nation that keeps faith." It teaches me to keep faith and follow Jesus Christ. 

May God bless you! 

Your's Faithfully,
Brenda

________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, is a letter from Eric. He has improved so much academically since I first began writing him, but he still struggles a small bit with sentence structure and order. But, I am so proud of him! In this letter, Eric includes a message that he wrote himself, then his tutor added more for him. I'll put the part he wrote in bold italics and the part the translator wrote in regular italics. 

The letter was written when Eric was 18 years old. This letter was written June 4th, 2014. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I am happy for reading the letters from you. I am happy for feeding children on write letter for me. Thank you, Kayla, for writing a letter. On Monday I will go to school. Next year, I will be in Primary 6. The person from picture on the letter is very good. What are some wild animals in your forests? We have animals from soil that eat plants. How can you hand write a letter for me? I sometimes have bible for you. I want to see your home. Thank you, Kayla. So read the verse from Matthew 17:20, "Because you have so little faith, I say to you, if you have faith as mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "move from here to there" and it will move and nothing will be impossible for you." Thank you Jesus. 

Above is what Eric, your friend, managed to write to you. Eric once again says that he is so happy for you and for how much love you have towards him. Eric is happy for your children's ministry and for the good care you offer to the young ones. Eric informs that the school reopened on May 19th, after a short break. Now he is 2nd term. 

Eric appreciates the nice photos you always send to him. He was happy to see them. How is Gage and baby Chloe? How is your mother and her husband? How is your sister? Eric prays for you and loves you so much. Eric asks do you like animals? Which animals do you like? Here in Kisoro there are gorillas and elephants. 

Eric attends bible class and loves reading bible stories. He also goes to church service on Sunday and love singing. He says that he loves Jesus Christ and requests you to love him too. He encourages you to put all your trust in him. Eric says thank you Kayla and thank you Jesus. God bless you. 

_________________________________________________________________________________





2 comments:

  1. Nice letters, You have some very spiritual teens. Yay! It was so great to see Eric's letter!!! Without your encouragement, I don't think he would have accomplished that much. You must be so proud of him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great letters!! Those will all be so fun to answer. I like when my kids ask me questions as it helps me think of what to write!! And Eric really has improved so much in his writing. I agree with Kris...a lot probably has to do with your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete