Adsense

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Just Several Letters :)

Can't complain about having more letters to share. I love hearing from my kids! No rhyme or reason to the order of posting today.

First up, a quick letter from Jhonrex. He's not the most chatty guy, but I treasure him so.

Jhonrex is 16 years old and lives in the Philippines. His letter is dated June 25th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you now? I'm so happy and glad for the letter you have sent. Thanks for having me in your thoughts always. Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf. About summer, I attended VBS and had fun. I also attended summer skills training, though I was not able to attend all of the sessions. Please pray that God will continue to bless me with good health and for daily protection. What did you do during the summer? Thank you so much. 

Respectfully Yours,
Kayla

________________________________________________________________________________

Continuing with the "J" theme, a letter from Jhon. I feel absolutely terrible for this young man, as he is having to take a different direction in his life, than he originally planned. I will definitely be praying that things improve/go well for him on his new path. 

Jhon is 18 years old and lives in Bolivia. His letter is dated July 18th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you and your family with the peace of the Lord. I am doing good in health and so is my family. Let me tell you that I took my test at the university and it didn't go well. The bad thing is that my score was not good enough to enroll in the university. I feel so bad because I wasn't able to join the university. I started to work and it is going well. I decided to work with my dad. We both work in mechanics and electricity. I am learning to fix cars. It is difficult, but I know I will make it. Let me tell you that I am thinking about going to Chile with my older brother to visit my uncles, aunts, and cousins. May God bless you and your family, dear sponsor. I say goodbye with the peace of the Lord. My prayer request is for my family. 

Sincerely, 
Jhon

________________________________________________________________________________

Up next, a first letter from Milkias! First letters are always so exciting! 

Milkias is 13 years old and lives in Ethiopia. His letter is dated June 30th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear My Sponsor Kayla, 

How are you? I'm very fine. I have received your letters. I have taken the final examination. I hope I get good results. During the winter vacation, I want to spend my time playing with my friends and attending tutorial classes. What did you plan during your vacation? Pray for me. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Now, a letter from my sweet boy Derrick. He is so young, by my first world standards, but this guy has stopped attending school, has enrolled in and now, almost finished a vocational training course. It seems his life may change yet again and I may be losing him. Fortunately, this all seems to still be in the planning phase, so I won't be losing him yet. If I do end up losing Derrick, that would mean I have lost all three of my kids from this country, all in the same year. 

I love seeing the responses by my children about the prince and princess letter I wrote. Derrick's reaction is exactly what I was hoping for! 

Derrick is 14 years old and lives in Uganda. His letter is dated July 7th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I am happy to hear from you. Thank you so much for the letter. I am indeed blessed to be a child of God and yes, I am a prince and it is great. A prince has to work hard. He also has to behave as a child of a King. A prince has to respect others, as well. I am glad that God is always ready to forgive us when we act not like princes and princesses. I am almost finishing my mechanics course and I hope to find work and to be able to maintain myself. I am also now going to be living with my father in a place called Kizirefumbe. This place is about 7 km from my project and my mother's home. I may not be able to attend project activities due to distance. I will let you know in my next letter about my family and plans. But what my father has told me, as of know, is that I will be living near his home, under the care of my aunt. Pray for me and my family. One thing I know is that God has good plans for me. Kayla, greet all of your family. 

Derrick

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Mulwa. With how long I have been writing to him, I am so looking forward to the day when he is able to write his own letters. I think once that happens, I will be able to learn many more details about him. 

Mulwa is 10 years old and lives in Kenya. The letter was written on July 6th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Mulwa salutes you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. He wishes to know how you are doing. He hopes that you are fine in the Lord. He says that together with his family, they are well, as God has given them the gift of life. Mulwa appreciates you so much for the pictures of your children that you sent to him. He says he wishes to meet your family one day in his life time. He also acknowledges your gratitude to him and says that God will bless you so much. Mulwa adds to say that they are experiencing a cold winter season and he is always wearing heavy clothes to keep warm. Mulwa says that he is still attending the church project, which has caused much change in his life. He wishes that you continue praying for him, as he prays for you too. Bye bye Kayla! 

________________________________________________________________________________

Now it is time to end the post with a letter from a girl, after a whole slew of letters from boys. :) 

Maria writes to me about how she hopes to spend her vacation from school. Sounds like a pretty typical teenager to me. 

Maria is 13 years old and lives in Brazil. Her letter is dated June 30th, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla! 

How are you? My family and I are doing well, thank God. I am now in school vacation. My grades were good, I only need have to get better in English. I will try to enjoy the most I can on my vacation; watching movies and riding with my friends. I want to thank you for the letter you sent. Here where I live, the weather is always hot. Some months ago we had rain. It was very good to cool off and the rivers were filled again. The weather was very dry so it was very good. For your meditation: 1 Peter 5:7. I say goodbye wishing you peace and health. 

Love,
Maria

________________________________________________________________________________



1 comment: