Adsense

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Heaps of Letters with Artwork!

All of the letters I share today have come with some lovely artwork. I'm not sure if any of my kids have futures in an art career, but the drawings sure are cute. :)

This first letter is from Dagim. He wrote me a longer letter than usual. I'm pretty happy about that! 

Dagim is 9 years old and lives in Ethiopia. His letter is dated, but as in the past, I have no idea when it was written! The calendar in Ethiopia is so far off from the rest of the world. If it helps, the letter is dated November 4th, 2009. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

How are you? I am so fine. Thank you so much for being my sponsor. I am very happy. I am enjoying my vacation with my friends, for the schools are closed here. Our schools will reopen in September. Then we will start a new education year. When will the schools reopen in your country? Our new school year is always at the beginning of our new calendar year. Please pray for God to help me in my education. I love you so much. I pray for you. Goodbye until my next letter. 

Your Child in Christ,
Dagim


_______________________________________________________________________________

Now, a little peanut letter of a letter from Enmanuel. For some reason, his letter makes me chuckle. He seems like a sweet little boy. 

Enmanuel is 9 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. He wrote this letter on June 21st, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Hi Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

May God bless you! I thank you for the letter that you have sent me. I like a lot to hear what is a prince and to know that God looks at me like a prince, with as many children as he has. We are in the month of spring. The weather here is kind of crazy. It can be cold and hot at the same time! I have read your letter where you talk about princes. May God bless you. I ask for your prayers. 



_______________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is written on the My Typical Week template. It has been filled in by Muuo. I think out of all of the template letters I receive, this particular design is one of my favorites. It really helps me visualize what my kids do in an average week of their life. 

Muuo is 6 years old and lives in Kenya. His letter was written on July 25th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. I usually wake up at: 7:00 a.m

2. In the morning, I normally: Take a shower, brush my teeth, and go to school. 

3. The days I attend school are: Monday-Friday

4. The name of my school is: Ktanginywa Primary School

5. In the afternoon, I usually: Do my homework 

6. In the evening, I normally: Play with my friends 

7. I go to the project on: Saturday 

8. I typically go to sleep at: 7:00 p.m 

9. My favorite day of the week is: Sunday because I go to church 

10. The day I go to church is: Sunday 

11. The name of my church is: Grace Worship Center 

Muuo sends you warm greetings, hoping that you are doing well together with your family. He says his family is doing great. He is happy to hear from you and to know more about your country. He would like to tell you a little about his country Kenya. Kenya is divided into 47 counties. I live in Makueni County in the Eastern part of the country. Kenya does well in athletics. The capital city is Nairobi. He would like to inform you that he had difficulty in drawing Kenya's flag and requested his social worker to draw it for you. He says thank you for your love and care. He says bye for now and hopes to hear from you soon. 

1. Black represents the people of Kenya.

2. White represents peace. 

3. Red represents blood. 

4. Green represents natural wealth. 

5. Maasai shield and spear represents defense and freedom.

6. Our Independence Day is December 12th. 


_______________________________________________________________________________

Now the same letter from Tumbu. It's so fun how to see how many kids schedules share some similarities and how they are different. 

Tumub is 6 years old and from Kenya. His letter is dated August 2nd, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. I usually wake up at: 6:00 a.m

2. In the morning, I normally: Wak up and eat breakfast 

3. The days I attend school are: Monday-Friday

4. The name of my school is: Muimi Primary School

5. In the afternoon, I usually: Assist my parents with their work

6. In the evening, I normally: Take a bath, read, and go to bed

7. I go to the project on: Saturday 

8. I typically go to sleep at: 8:00 p.m 

9. My favorite day of the week is: Monday, because it is the first day of school each week

10. The day I go to church is: Sunday 

11. The name of my church is: Saint Patrick Catholic Church


Tumbu takes this precious moment to greet you. How are you going on? He hopes that you are going on well. He says that at home they are going on well. He says thank you for the letter that you sent to him telling him how about your country. He wants to inform you that his country got independence in the year 1963. The flag of Kenya has four colors, which are red, white, black, and green. He says thank you for the pictures of your country. Goodbye. 


________________________________________________________________________________

Let's end the post with some letters from some girls. First, a letter from Rebecca. In her letter, she answers several of my questions about herself and draws me a fun picture of a game we play here in the United States too! 

There was certainly a translation error in my letter to her. In a past letter I asked my kids, "Which family member do you LOOK like?" It seems it was translated as, "Which family members do you like?" Rebecca probably thought I was crazy! 

Rebecca is 9 years old and lives in the Philippines. Her letter is dated July 1st, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Ate Kayla, 

Good day! How are you and your family? We're doing well here. I learn from my favorite subject history, all the beautiful spots. The lessons I like in math class are addition, subtraction, and division. My favorite part of the 4th grade is the 4th quarter. My elder brother Ydreian also has a sponsor and also receives letters. He is 12 years old and will turn 13 years old this month. Yes, we also celebrate Valentine's Day here. What makes me happy is my studies. Whenever I am sad I like to look at flowers that have no insects. I do not play guitar, but would like to learn how. I like all my family members. When I grow up, I want to be the president of the Philippines. I use my right hand to write. I am the one who washes the dishes. I like to play. My favorite animal is the fish. My favorite color is pink. My favorite foods are fried rice and adobo. Our seasons here are dry and wet. We are experiencing cold weather now due to the typhoon. As a princess, I will protect my people. In May, I joined a fancy dress costume contest and I was the winner! I am very happy! I wore a white dress and wings like an angel. I share Psalm 116:5, "The Lord is gracious and righteous. Our God is full of Compassion." 

Love, 
Rebecca 


_______________________________________________________________________________

And finally, we end with a letter from Mariela. Even though she is no longer writing on templates, she is still given the theme to write about. She is following the theme of How I Have Fun with this letter. 

Mariela is 12 years old and lives in Nicaragua. Her letter is dated July 25th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Beloved Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you warmly and I hope you are well with your relatives and friends. I always keep you and your family in my prayers, for God to protect and bless you. Today I will tell you about the theme How I Have Fun. I like to play soccer with my friends and cousins. To have fun, we also play hide and seek. I like to come to the project because they teach me many things, especially about the Word of God. Also, there are workshops of music and computing. I like computing because I get to do my homework. How do you have fun? I thank you for the letters you sent me and for the the picture of the princess you sent me. It is very pretty! I ask you to always keep me in your prayers for God to bless us and keep us. I say bye with much fondness and love! 

Your girl,
Mariela 


_______________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment