Adsense

Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Mail

I received three letters today and it really improved my lazy, rainy day.

First, a letter from Ernest. He seems to have written on a general form letter, which has various sections with headers to help him write.

Ernest is 9 years old and lives in Ghana. He wrote this letter on March 23rd, 2015.

________________________________________________________________________________


Thank you message for sponsor: Ernest says he wants to thank you for the sponsorship and the prayers. He says thank you for the stickers. 

Child's response to sponsors questions: He says he brushes his teeth everyday and has not lost any teeth yet. He says his house is made of mud and he lives with his mother and his grandmother. He says he sleeps on a mat and he has electricity in his home. He says he gets water from a stream and he lives in a farming community. He says sometimes they walk or ride bikes. 

Child's new experiences: He says he has learnt about keeping his surroundings clean for a healthy life. 

Question for my sponsor: He says, who lives in your home with you? 

Prayer for my sponsor: He says, may God bless you abundantly and watch over you always. 

Prayer request from child: He says, pray for him to be a great person in the future. 

Memory verse: Matthew 6:11 "Give us today the food we need." 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Alexander.  I really notice an improvement in his handwriting from his last letter, even from just a couple months ago. He must be really focusing on working on it. I'm impressed that a teen boy wrote so nicely, I must admit. 

Alexander is 14 years old and lives in Honduras. His letter is dated April 26th, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Kayla, 

Hello, how are you? I wish you and your family are enjoying good health. The name of my project is My Hope. There are 256 kids in my project. I got to the project on Saturdays. The project is 4 blocks away from my house. I go to the project on bike. In the project, we do many things often: we read the bible, pray, and sing. My favorite thing to do at the project is read the bible. What I like about the people in my project is that they are very kind. When I'm in the project, I usually eat healthy food. Thank you for the letter and picture you sent me. It is beautiful. I say goodbye with love and kisses and hugs. 

Carlos Alexander

________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, my very first letter from Swapna. She writes wonderfully in English and included many great details. At the end of her letter she drew me the most beautiful artwork I've ever received on a letter from a sponsored child. I always say my kids are great artists, but this young lady is legit. She really could have a future in art, if she wants it. The blending in her artwork is amazing and it's drawn with crayon! Just wait until you see it. 

Swapa was the correspondent child of my friend Debbie, but she was unable to write to her anymore. She gave me the honor of writing to her. 

Swapna is 18 years old and lives in East India. Her letter is dated April 7th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I hope you are keeping well by the grace of God. I have received your letter. Thank you so much for your sweet remembrance. How is Debbie? I pray for Debbie and send her lots of love, for her kind thought. So now I got you in my life. You are doing a wonderful job. Give my love to G & C. My favorite color is pink. My favorite foods are fried rice and chili chicken. My favorite sweet food is ice cream, also. I love to read story books and I love to draw. I like to play badminton. I love to dance. My favorite bible verse is Matthew 19:14 "Let the little children come to me..." In my family, I have my mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, and myself. I also have two sisters, they already got married. Now my father is staying home. Before he was staying in another state. Do you have a beauty parlor in your area? I learnt parlor work. I would like to work in a beauty parlor. Please pray that I may get a job. I am studying in B.A 1st year. I will write my final in July. We celebrated Independence Day on January 26th in our center. We also had annual sports meet. I got two 3rd prizes in skipping rope and shot-put. We celebrated Easter on April 6th in our center. Now here, it is summer season. We have here mango trees. Now all trees are having green mangoes. I pray for you. I wish you happy Easter. Please give my regards to your parents. Love to you. Please write to me. 

With thanks, your child, 
Swapna


________________________________________________________________________________







1 comment:

  1. Swapna is an amazing artist!!! I love that she's studying at college and that she has dreams about her future!! We've been hearing about our Colombian kids' projects in their letters! It was fun to read Alexander's also. And I love how Ernest answered your questions!! He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete