Adsense

Friday, April 3, 2015

Last Letters of March

I received two more letters before the end of March, but forgot to post them, for some reason. I was responding to letters today and realized that I hadn't shared them on my blog, so now is the time to do it.

First, a letter from Ernest. He is 9 years old, but is only in 2nd grade. He is not yet able to write on his own.

Ernest lives in Ghana. This letter was written on January 20th, 2015.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Ernest says he thanks you so much for your sponsorship and also loves the pictures and the letters you sent to him. He says his family is fine. He says he did not attend any weddings recently. He says they grow vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, and garden eggs. They also plant cassava and maize. He says the have fruit trees like mango and orange trees in Ghana. Ernest says he was given a shirt, a pair of sunglasses, and boxer pants for his birthday presents. He says the project also organized a party for them. He says the weather conditions here are dry and wants to find out whether you are experiencing the same. Ernest says the family and the project will always pray for you, for God to bless you and to give you strength, to take care of the children. Ernest says pray for him to be intelligent and perform very well this academic year. Memory Verse: Isaiah 9:6 "A child is born to us, a son is given to us and he will be our ruler. He will be called wonderful counselor, mighty God, Eternal Father, and Prince of Peace." 

Ernest and Patrick (Person Writing)


Garden Eggs. I had to look them up. :)


________________________________________________________________________________

I also received a letter from Nikko, one of my best and most consistent writers. 

Nikko is 16 years old and lives in the Philippines. He wrote this letter on January 7th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Ms. Kayla, 

Hi! How are you? Me, I'm fine with my family. Thank God. 

I would like to thank you for the Christmas gift you gave me. I bought shoes and a shirt. I was able to celebrate Christmas with new things I bought. I am thankful to you. On September 22nd (Nikko's birthday) I celebrated with my family, eating food and in November me and my family visited my grandmother in the cemetery. 

In our church, we had activities. We had a coastal cleanup and it was enjoyable. We also had our Christmas party. There were a lot of games and prizes and also presentations. Our class presented caroling. I really had a great time during Christmas and New Year. There were lots of fireworks here. It was nice watching them. How about you? How did you spend your Christmas and New Year? I hope that it was awesome, too, like mine. 

In the last part of this letter, please help me pray for my family's protection and blessings and I will help you pray for your protection and that's all, thank you and God bless. Merry Christmas and happy New Year! 

Love, 
Nikko

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." 

________________________________________________________________________________



1 comment:

  1. I loved hearing about Nikko's christmas party and Ernest's birthday party! Also, thanks for the photo of the garden eggs. I've never heard of them!

    ReplyDelete