Adsense

Friday, August 16, 2013

A Info Packed Letter from Jhon!

This is the 3rd and final letter I received while I was on my tour in Honduras. It's always so nice to come home to a full mailbox after a trip away from home.

In this letter, Jhon is answering my questions about his project, school, etc. I love how much he told me in this letter. Jhon is such a great guy. He writes just about every two months, which is absolutely ideal, according to Compassion's standards.

________________________________________________________________________________



Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Greetings in the peace of the Lord! Thanks for sending me the letter, photo, and stickers. About your questions, my house is made of Duralit (?) material. I live with my family and I sleep in the only bed. Yes, there is electricity in my home. We receive water through a water bomb (?). In Bolivia, there are many works in different part of Bolivia. People travel my plane, bus, train, or driving. In my project there are 350 children and young adults. The traditional food in our community is called Majadito (rice, dried meat, eggs, and bananas) and Churrasco (BBQ meat on skewers). I go to school by walking because my school is almost in front of my house physically. The subject which is hard for me is math. I go to school wearing a uniform. Also in my school I stay in classes for 4 hours and I like to play soccer at school. In my classroom there are 40 students. I think your turtle should be named Linda and if it's a male, Cars. I have a dog as a pet, but it doesn't know how to do anything. It just takes care of my house and her name is Princess. Everything is going on well in my life thanks to my parents and to God. I'm regular at school. I pray for you and your family's well-being and job. God keep you and your angel. Well, I say goodbye in the peace of the Lord. God bless your family! 

With Love,
Jhon

________________________________________________________________________________

7 comments:

  1. How sweet that his dog's name is Princess; that was my dog's name! Lots of information in this letter, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely seems like a talkative boy to me.

      Delete
  2. I love this letter. He really gave you "a day in the life." Makes me want to visit Bolivia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's great to learn so much about him.

      Delete
  3. What a great letter! I've also been receiving letters from my Bolivian kids every 2 months or so. It's so nice to hear from the kids regularly! I love how Jhon answered so many of your questions. I especially loved his name suggestions for your turtle!! How cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly enough, the suggestion of Linda was the same name that Celeste named my turtle. She told me when I went to visit her that I should name her Linda. That's two votes for Linda!

      Delete
  4. I kinda sorta stumbled onto your blog by accident but I love your posts! I'm looking forward to reading more :)

    If you'd like to check out my blog it's --> http://desertviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete