Adsense

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Three Letter Tuesday: Volume 1

Today's three letters all come from the same country. In honor of their most recent World Cup match win, today's letters come from Colombia! From youngest to oldest...

Let's start with Jonatan's letter. He is 10 years old and wrote this letter on May 4th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I want to greet you in the love of God. I want to tell you that thanks to God I have been very well in my school grades. I had a good grade point average and my sister was happy about that. I also want to tell you that in this month of May, we celebrate Mother's Day in Colombia. We make small presents to recognize their love for us. I want to make a small gift for my mother because I want to show her how much I love her and how thankful I am to her for being the best mother. I am also going to give her a present for her birthday on May 15th. I thank God very much for being part of your family and for your beautiful letters. I would like to know what month you celebrate Mother's Day where you live. I hope you are happy to read my letter the same way I am happy to write it. I send you a huge hug. I hope I can see you soon. I love you very much. This is a promise to you: Proverbs 31:29. 

Jonatan

________________________________________________________________________________

Up next is a letter from Daniel, who is 12 years old. His letter is dated May 12th, 2018. Sometimes I am confused by the questions my kids ask me. Do you think they are told what questions to ask? After so many years, you think Daniel would already know the answers to the questions he's asking in this letter. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor, 

I am glad to be able to write to you again and tell you more about me and my family. 

I want to thank you for the sponsorship you give me because with this opportunity, I am able to attend the project. First, I want to tell you that my dad is a tutor at the CDC. He works with the oldest students, called "Excellent Generation." My mom works doing shifts in a bakery. She also does freelance baking. Tomorrow it will be my brother's birthday. My other siblings are studying and are doing well. How old are you? What's your house like? How many kids do you have? What are their names? What's your favorite food? My favorite food is Badeja Paisa (red beans cooked with pork, white rice, ground beef, chicharron, egg, and plantain). In my city we are in our rainy season. Sometimes it is hot. The river near us overflowed and the fishes came out of it. My name means "Judge and Justice". I am the 3rd child among 4 siblings. I am 150 cm tall. I have dark brown hair and the color of my eyes is dark brown. The best thing I do is drawing. Something I like doing is playing soccer. I ask you to pray for me and my family. I give you this Bible verse: Psalms 4:3. God bless you. 

Juan Daniel

________________________________________________________________________________

This last letter is from Ronaldo. It seems his project had the same writing instructions as Daniel's did. I get to hear about some of the physical attributes of Ronaldo, as well as some of his interests, name meaning, etc. 

Ronaldo is 21 years old and I will not be able to write to him much longer. Each letter is a blessing. He wrote this letter on May 10th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


Appreciated Kayla, 

How are you? May God bless you. It is very interesting for me to learn about the redwood trees and also to see the drawing you sent. I want to tell you that my name means "The Adviser" and "Glorious Governor". I am surprised! I am the 1st born of my family. Maybe my parents didn't know (I really wish I knew what this meant.) I am 170 cm tall. My hair and eyes are dark brown. One of the things I do well is play soccer. I also like practicing flips. What do you call this in your country? Kayla, I want to ask you to keep me in your prayers. I am not only a sponsored child, I am also a health tutor at the project. Being a tutor has been a great experience, and I owe part of it to you. I give thanks to God because he has helped me not to fail him, nor you, nor my family. Even though you are not close to me, you have marked my life and I will always remember you as a great blessing. I love you very much, Kayla. I say goodbye, giving you a Bible verse from Peter 4:8, "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins." 

Ronaldo

________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment