Adsense

Friday, June 29, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 2

Another Friday, another five letters. Without further ado...

We start with a letter from Brian. This is an extra long letter from him, compared to his usual letters. In response to all of the stories I've been telling my kids, Brian responded with a story of his own.

Brian is 16 years old, from Kenya, and he wrote this letter on May 10th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Receive warm greetings in genius name, hoping that you are fine together with your family. My family and I are doing well and we give thanks to almighty God. I am happy to write a letter again. I received the letters that you wrote for me and I am happy to know new stories. I have one story I want to share with you. It is about three sons and their father. 

"There once were three boys and their father. Their father taught them goals and morals. So one day the father called them and gave each an egg. The father them each to hide it where nobody could see them. One of the boys hide an egg in a hole. Another hid it under the bed. The last hid the egg in a bush. When they finished, they went and told their father they had hidden the eggs. The father started asking, "who saw you when you were hiding them?" The boys said "no one was." The father said there was only one person who was looking at them. That person was God. From the day, the boys knew that God is everywhere and they were happy. 

Before I wind up I have a memory verse which gives me hope in my life and I want to share with you. It is Jeremiah 29:11. It says, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a better future." 

Thank you for your support and may God bless you. 

Goodbye, 
Brian


_________________________________________________________________________________

The next letter is from my little Samuel. This letter is his very first letter to me and is written on the "My First Letter" template.

Samuel is 7 years old and lives in Honduras. He wrote his letter on May 8th, 2010.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. I want to tell you I live with: My dad Osman, my mom Lorena, my brother Abner

2. Near to my house, there is a: School, church, and police station. 

3. My favorite is: Chinese rice 

4. My house is located in: Francisco Morazan 

Hello, 

How are you, dear sponsor? This is Samuel's brother writing. I want to tell you that my brother is big and healthy. He really likes going to school because he has many friends. He likes to play soccer, eat fruit, and ride a bike. He helps a lot at home. We say goodbye with the blessings of God always in your life.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now I share a letter from Gary. I have been hearing in the news and getting notifications from Compassion that things are very hostile in Nicaragua right now, with many protests leading to injuries and deaths. It sounds very scary and my kids are starting to mention things like this in their letters. Breaks my heart. No child (or even older teen) should have to worry about things like that. 

Gary is 17 years old. His letter is dated April 27th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear and Esteemed Sponsor Kayla, 

I hope you are in good health. Thanks for your sponsorship. I want to tell you that I am sick. I have the flu and I am coughing. I am already taking medicines. My family is fine, thank God. We are worried because there have been problems in my country. There have been many protests against the government. The social security policy has been reformed by the president. There are dead and injured people. There has been pillage. There have been protest marches searching for peace. We trust God to take control of the situation. I am still attending the project. There have been many activities. I want to tell you that I went to a lagoon and to a park. I have been playing soccer with my neighbors. I am so happy to know that you are working with children. I promise to pray for you and your students. You have a great job! Are the kids okay? I'm glad to know that you are a teacher. I want to tell you that it rained and my house was flooded, but we are okay now. What school class do you enjoy the most with your students? Are you still taking care of Gage and Chloe? I always pray for God to bless you. I ask you to pray for me and my family. I want you to pray for my country. We want peace. I say goodbye with so much love. God bless you! 

Gary

_________________________________________________________________________________

I am so grateful for this next letter, from Celeste. It had been quite a long time since I heard from her. Long enough to have to put in an inquiry. This letter arrived just 5 days after I asked for the inquiry. Not sure what the hold up on her letters were, but I'm glad they answered so fast and had Celeste write a letter! 

Celeste is 16 years old, from Honduras, and wrote this letter on June 1st, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear and Beautiful Sponsor Kayla, 

Thanks to God, my family and I are very well. I hope in God that you also find yourself very well in health. The story of Little Red Riding Hood is very cool and beautiful. I have already heard that story and have seen the movie Little Red Riding Hood. I have also heard about the Gruff goats. Even though I've heard them before they were still interesting. Thank you very much for these stories and I hope you continue to write me many more. I will be waiting for your story with much desire and I am eager to read them. I also thank you for the very nice pages to color. I want to tell you that I have doing very well in school and I am working hard since this is my last year. I plan to go on to study for a master's degree so that I can help others. I know it is a lot of work but I will try to do it and reach my goals, with the help of God. I ask for your prayers so that I can achieve it. Your prayers will be of great help. I say goodbye to you with lots of love, kisses, and hugs. I'll be waiting for your next letter. 

Celeste

_________________________________________________________________________________

Today's last letter is from my young man Jule. He also seems to have some great goals. I hope he will be able to achieve them! 

Jule is 14 years old, from Rwanda, and his letter is dated June 6th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I am your child Jule. I greet you in the name of Jesus. I thank you for the way you care for me and pray for me. I am trying at school. I got 40% marks and was ranked 33rd in my class. Please pray for me to at least by among the top ten students. I like reading English books, which pleases my family. I thank you for the letter you sent to me, sharing your news. My family and I are good. It pleases me to hear that you pray for me. I am glad that your people who were sick got well. I share Romans 10:9-10 because is blesses me so much. God bless you! I conclude by thanking you. 

Jule

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment