Adsense

Friday, June 22, 2018

Five Letter Friday Volume 1

At the super high rate that I've been receiving letters (I received 6 letters TODAY) and the super low rate of me actually finding the time/effort to actually get those letters posted, I'm going to make myself a set schedule. Because I like alliteration, I will be titling these posts Five Letter Fridays and Three Letter Tuesdays. 

8 letters posted a week. I know that sounds like a lot, but I seriously have 45 letters backed up that I haven't posted on my blog and even more that I haven't sat down to respond to (that's my project for this week...and probably several more weekends...). 

I love writing to my kids and I'm typically so on top of these things, but with my new full time job this summer and my extra events (small group, trivia, piano lessons, seeing my family) my weekdays are pretty much booked. 

So, without further ado, let's begin our first Five Letter Friday! 

The first letter in this series comes from Ernest, who is 12 years old, and lives in Ghana. His letter is dated March 7th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Ernest says he thanks God for bringing you into his life. He says he has learnt about Jonah at the project. He says he helps his parents with household chores. He asks you to pray for him to be brilliant in his studies. He says may God shower blessings on your life. He shares John 14:14, "If you ask anything in my name, I will do it." 

________________________________________________________________________________

Our next letter comes from my girl Ayling. I will be joining her project in prayer for the ability to build classrooms! 

Ayling is 11 years old and lives in Nicaragua. Her letter is dated March 22nd, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I hope that you are healthy with your family. I thank you for continually supporting me. God bless you. I want to tell you that I am close to finishing private school and will be in secondary school soon. I just finished Easter week vacation. I want to know what your favorite color is. Answering your question, I want to tell you have we have classes under some awnings and when it rains, we have classes in the church. We are praying for a donor to help us build some classrooms. Thank you for the picture that you sent me. I will be praying for God to help you to lose some weight (I asked her to pray for this. She's not being mean.) Also I want to tell you that I participate in an evangelistic campaign. We give pamphlets around the neighborhood and invite many kids to attend the campaign. I ask you to pray for the campaign. I say goodbye, sending you kisses and hugs. 

With Love, 
Ayling



________________________________________________________________________________

Up next is a sweet letter from sweet Nicol, who lives in the Dominican Republic. She is 9 years old and she wrote this letter on April 28th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

May God bless you! My family and I are very well, thank God! I am doing well in school. The school year is almost over and summer vacation is coming. In the center, I continue learning about God and his Word. I want to tell you that the Spring started on March 21st. This is a beautiful season of the year as the landscape changes and it becomes beautiful. Thank you for your love, prayers, letters, and family photos. Thank you for your nice stories about the three goats and Little Red Riding Hood with the nice pictures. Answering your questions; my favorite activity to do is homework. The names of my family members are Yosanna, Nicolas, Jesus, and Fernando. We have a private hospital where I live and they fixed the streets. It is much better. When is your birthday? I ask you to pray for my family. 

Love,
Nicol 

________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is a form letter from my girl Marilyn. In this letter, she is answering questions about what things are like in her home. 

She also received a financial gift from her financial sponsor and I received a nice photo of what she was able to buy. 

Marilyn is 8 years old and is from El Salvador. Her letter is dated May 22nd, 2018. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


1. I sleep in: A bed 

2. My house is built of: Adobe 

3. We get light from: Electricity/Lightbulbs 

4. We get water from: A tap at home 

5. We cook with: A fire/wood stove 

Marilyn greets you Kayla in our Lord Jesus' name. Marilyn hopes that you are very blessed by our almighty God. Marilyn says thank you for the gift you sent her and also her family thanks you because they were able to buy beans, rice, sugar, cooking oil, soap, shampoo, and a mattress. Marilyn asks you to pray that God keeps her safe. Marilyn says goodbye with love. 


_________________________________________________________________________________

Last but not least, the last letter of this post is from Baraka, who is writing to me on the My School/Holiday Break template. I've shared this template from other of my kids from this country. It's a pretty great template, I think. 

Baraka is 9 years olds, from Kenya, and he wrote this letter on April 21st, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. There are three school breaks/holiday each year. 

2. They are in the months of: April, August, and December 

3. My school break normally lasts for: 4 weeks 

4. During my holiday/school break I normally: Help my parents 

5. During my school break, I love to: Ride a bicycle 

6. My favorite activity during my school breaks is: Reading story books 

7. My favorite person to spend time with during school breaks is: My siblings 

8. One thing I wold like to do someday during my school break is: Visit my sponsor 

9. One person I would like to meet during my school break in the future is: My sponsor 

10. In the future I would like to visit The United States during my school break. 

Baraka greets you in Jesus' name. He thanks you for the letter you sent him. He appreciates your support and wishes you God's blessing in your endeavors. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment