Adsense

Saturday, September 9, 2017

More Letters with Pretty Artwork

There is just something extra special about a drawing created by the work of my sponsored children's hands. I just love them so much.

First up, a letter from Ayling, who is 11 years old and lives in Nicaragua. She always writes letters with such great details about her life. She also always asks questions, which makes replying to her letters, and carrying on a conversation, very easy.

I am really in love with this letter, especially the drawing. There are studies done among young children and they have been done all over the world. There is a common among children, regardless of gender, socio-economic status, language, or country. Children that are healthy and well-adjusted commonly draw the same thing when given free space to draw. The draw a basic house, a tree, and a sun in the sky. Children that have been displaced or come from war-torn nations don't draw these things. 

Seriously. Look it up! It's amazing. 

Her letter is dated August 7th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I am happy to be in the project, and for having you as a sponsor, and also for your letters. My family and I are doing well. I also do well at school, In the afternoons, when I do not have classes at the project, I play with my friends and cousins. I enjoy learning Bible stories and I share them with my friends. I went to Salvador Allende Park with my mother in Managua. That place has changed a lot. How is your health? How are you? I wish you the best. I always pray for God to pour his blessings on you. Please pray for me and send more pictures. I say goodbye with love, hugs, and kisses. 

Fondly,
Ayling



________________________________________________________________________________

As others have sent me recently, I have received a My Typical Week letter template from another one of my Kenyan cuties. This time, from Baraka. He is 8 years old.

His letter is dated August 10th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. I usually wake up at: 7:00 a.m

2. In the morning, I normally: Pray 

3. The days I attend school are: Monday-Friday

4. The name of my school is: Ndungumi Primary School

5. In the afternoon, I usually: Do my homework 

6. In the evening, I normally: Help my Parents  

7. I go to the project on: Saturday 

8. I typically go to sleep at: 7:00 p.m 

9. My favorite day of the week is: Saturday because I attend the project program.

10. The day I go to church is: Sunday 

11. The name of my church is: Presbyterian Church of East Africa (PCEA)

Baraka greets you in the name of Jesus. He says he is doing well and appreciates your letter. He thanks you for your support. He wishes you God's blessing. 


________________________________________________________________________________

Remember when I talked about drawings of happy children (sure you do, it just happened)? Well, here is another one. :) 

It absolutely warms my heart to see my Daniel draw such a happy drawing. He even included a rainbow! Combined with his description of life, my heart is melting. 

Daniel is 7 years old and lives in Ecuador. His letter is dated June 22nd, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

The weather currently where I live is sunny. My favorite weather is rainy because it's a happy day. On my birthday, the weather usually gets hot. I want to thank you for everything you do for me. At Christmas time, the weather is usually sunny. I also want to say that life is beautiful and there is love. I love you. Please pray for me, my siblings, and my mom and dad. 

Written By,
Daniel


_________________________________________________________________________________

To end, a wonderfully long letter from Celeste. Since I first sponsored her, she has drawn me butterflies in every letter. Even though she has grown into a young lady now, it's good to see some things stay consistent. 

Celeste is 15 years old and is from Honduras. She wrote her letter on August 10th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear and Beautiful Sponsor Kayla, 

I hope you and your family are doing well. It is a pleasure that your children have finished their school year and they are on vacation. They can learn many new things. Your children look very beautiful in the photos. They are very cute. I thank God that Chloe can celebrate another year of life. I wish her to have many more years filled with blessings. I hope you have good weather for them to play. I tell you that I am in 8th grade and the educational system in my country works like this: 3 years of preschool, elementary is from 1st-9th grade, and then high school is three years, 10th-12th. After that is University. I will pray the Lord that you can move to a new and better place. I haven't had the habit of saving money yet, but I will do it when I can work. One of my goals is to have success in the school year. My older sister graduated from University and is now working. My brother is studying for a Bachelor's. Your verse is very pretty. One of the greatest surprises I have is to have all of my family gathered together. I say goodbye with many hugs and kisses, though distance, with much love. 

Celeste 


________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment