Adsense

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Letters from Spanish Speaking Kiddos

I think I am running out of ways to group these letters together. But sorting by language is a new one. All of the letters I share today were written by Spanish speaking kiddos. I guess that's as good as any way to share them, right?


I'll start with a letter from an itty-bitty, who is writing to me about the climate where she lives. Also, whenever a child tells me what they want to be when they grow up, my favorite question to ask is, "What makes a ___________ a good _________?" Carolin told me she wants to be a teacher so I asked her, "What a teacher a good teacher?" I love her answer.

This letter is written by Carolin, who is 5 year old and lives in the Dominican Republic. Her letter is dated August 27th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. We have a: Hot Season

2. Right now the weather is: Sunny

3. When the weather is sunny, I like to: Eat ice cream

4. When the weather is rainy, I like to: Watch TV

5. My favorite season is: Spring 

Dear Kayla, 

May the peace of the Lord continue blessing you. I'm so happy for the letter I received from you. A good teacher should love the children so that the students wish to learn to do their homework. I would like to visit the United States someday. I am doing very well, thank God. I already started school. Please pray for my family. 

________________________________________________________________________________

In this letter from sweet Sunrei, I get to hear about all kinds of fun celebrations and outings! 

Sunrei is 10 years old and lives in Peru. Her letter is not dated. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Greetings in the powerful love of Christ. Thank you for the beautiful letters sent by the children. How beautiful is your country! Let me tell you that we celebrated birthdays in the church. There was cake, candies, a biblical contests, and a singing contest. It was funny. In July, we celebrated National Holidays. I went on a trip to a zoo and to the mall with my family. In August, we will celebrate Sponsor Day and Children's Day. There will be many games, cake, and candies. We will also put a decorative mural where there will be a photo of you and biblical cards too. On July 26th, I was on vacation. I went on a trip with my grandfather to see animals. I ate rice with duck cooked with cilantro and beer. I had a nice vacation. Now I am at school and I am happy with my classmates. I am learning more about God. I always pray for you that you do well at everything. When is your birthday? What season do you like the most? I ask you to pray for my parents so they can know God. Also pray for my little sisters. Goodbye with a lot of love. 

Sunrei Victoria 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now a great letter from one of my favorite Honduran boys (I have a lot of favorites); Carlos Alexander. I can't stop calling him by both of his names because, to me, he was Alexander for years and now he goes by Carlos only. I use both of his names now when I talk about him. He signs his letters with both names. 

Carlos Alexander is 16 years old. His letter was written on August 18th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Kayla, 

I hope that you are in good health. I wish with all my heart that you are in good health. My favorite activity is playing my friends outside of the house. When I am inside the house, I like playing with my siblings. I give thanks for the letter and for the photo in which you appear. It is very beautiful. At the CDC, they teach me the word of God. I want to tell you that I am doing very well at school. My little brother is growing very fast. His name is Walter Julian. My little sister is one year old and her name is Evelin. She is very playful and pretty. Pray for me and my family. I would like to know, do you play any musical instrument? I say goodbye with a big hug. 

Carlos Alexander

_________________________________________________________________________________

Back to a little one, a letter from Marilyn. In this letter, she is telling me about how she likes to have fun. 

Marilyn is 7 year old and from El Salvador. Her letter is dated August 22nd, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. When I am outside of my house I like to: Jump Rope

2. I usually play with: My Friends

3. Do you have any fun event or activity that happens in your community that you would like to share with your sponsor? Father's Day celebration 

4. When I am inside my house I like to: Play with Dolls

5. When I am bored, I like to: Play with teddy bears 

Marilyn greets you, Kayla, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, hoping that you are fine. She hopes that God is blessing your life with a lot of blessings. She is very happy to greet you and write to you again. The Independence Day in El Salvador is September 15th. She likes to wear skirts and shirts. Today she ate beans with cheese. Her house has a roof made with wood and iron laminate. The walls are made of adobe and it has two rooms. She asks you to pray for her that God takes care of her life. She says see you soon.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now a letter from Marinelis, a princess that I seem to have more and more in common with with each passing letter. I truly love her so much.

Marinelis is 15 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. Her letter is dated August 28th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you and your family? I hope that you are well. Now, I have just arrived from the doctor. My mother has been taking me to therapy because I have a learning problem. Now, I am little bigger and stronger because on July 18th, I turned 15 years old. My dog gave birth to four puppies. They are very beautiful and tender. Now I am going to start a new school year, in the 1st year of high school. I am very grateful to God. Please greet Brandilyn for me. 

With Love,
Marinelis

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment