Adsense

Monday, September 25, 2017

Jose's Final Letter

So, my Peruvian buddy Jose has officially graduated from Compassion. He actually graduated a full two years earlier than I was expecting, according to the date on my account, but I know that can happen. The graduation date is typically the child's 22nd birthday, as the latest date they can attend the project. But, if the child completes all of their goals before that date, then it's graduation day for them!

So today, I share Jose's final letter.

Jose is 19 years old and wrote this letter on August 7th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I want to thank you for your sponsorship. Thanks for the letters, presents, and photos. I am in good health, thanks to our Lord Jesus. Well, I tell you that I am currently working with my parents and brother. I am thinking about studying to have a career in Heavy Machine Operating. I like machines and my plan is to save enough money from that career to run a trucking business with my brother. Thanks for the letters. In my country, it is fall season now and the weather is cold. There were no floods near my house and my community is safe. In my opinion, a prince has the following characteristics: kind, patient, responsible. During my time in the project, I learned the word of God. I learned to make good decisions, love my neighbor, and respect my parents. Also, one of my plans is getting baptized and continue walking the path of the Lord since I have understood that being with God brings peace and safety in life. I encourage you to keep on sponsoring other children, because your support will be a blessing to other children in need. I want to share with you this Bible verse, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." It's from Philippians 4:13. My prayer is that God will strengthen your life. I ask you to pray for my studies, for my siblings' studies, and for my one year old brother. I say goodbye with a big hug and kiss on the cheek. May our Lord bless you all the time. 

Jose Romario

_______________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment