Adsense

Sunday, October 23, 2011

God Vs. Money

I really want to sponsor another child. It's a thought that pops into my head several times a day.

During the summer, my plan was to move out on my own, and financially sponsor another child. Then, on August 1st, I was in a car accident and totaled my car. Not buying another car was not an option. I bought a used car that week. So, in the span of one week, I went from having a fully paid off car with less than 50,000 miles, and a brand new $400 power window replacement, to a pile of broken metal and glass and a monthly car payment.

I cried for several days. My thought out plan was ruined. I thought I had it all figured out. I planned out a budget for living on my own and one mistake shattered the whole thing.

So is life, huh?

God, however, did have it all figured it out. Right now, I am not able to sponsor another child financially. College loans payments are starting in just two short months and money will be tight. I know God will provide me and that I never have to worry about money. It's just one of those things that I, as a 22 year old woman who is trying to figure out how to survive in the adult world, am going to worry about.

But then, God showed me a new thing. He led me to the Child Sponsorship Communication page on Facebook. There, I feel like I have (FINALLY) found a group of women who think about the world in the exact same way that I do. I feel like accepted there like I haven't felt anywhere else when it comes to child sponsorship. Through this group, I have learned of the correspondence sponsorship program through Compassion International. Through this program, I will be able to sponsor three more children in a way that doesn't involve a monthly payment from me.

I'm just in constant awe of what God has planned for my life. God is bigger than money problems anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment