Adsense

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

2+2=4

Double the love from Rwanda. Then double the love from Colombia.

Four letters with a ridiculous amount of love.

Man, I love my kids.

Let's start with a letter from Kwizera, who just turned 13 year old today. This letter is not dated, but no doubt written when he was still 12 years old. ;)

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I foremost greet you in Jesus's name. I and my family are fine and we thank God. How are you and your family doing? At school, I am studying well and we are now preparing for the end of the year exams. Pray for me to succeed. To respond to your questions: I most like to wear long trousers and t-shirts. Our house has three rooms and it is built with burnt bricks. I thank you for sending me a letter. My family and I loved it. To my friend Erick, I advise him to respect his elders. To close, I wish you the peace of God. May God bless you. 

Kwizera 

_______________________________________________________________________________

My other 13 year old from Rwanda is Jule. A sweet boy that I am still getting to know. I love this letter that shares some more things about him. This letter is dated October 14th, 2017. 

______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I first greet you in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. My family and I are doing well. No problems. I'm doing well at school. I like the lessons in math, physics, and chemistry. It is raining here and we are growing crops. I like playing soccer with my fellow kids and I hope to be a great player in the future. I'm learning baptism classes at church. I like to pray. I thank you for the letter you sent to me, sharing with me your updates. I saw a solar eclipse once and it was beautiful, but also scary. I like Isaiah 40:26. Please pray for my studies. We pray blessings over you. Conclusively, may God bless you. 

Jule

________________________________________________________________________________

Now we move onto some big "kids" from Colombia. I just love these young adults so much. They have such great things to say and great outlooks for the future. I thank God for Compassion helping to instill this confidence in these wonderful young people! 

Let's start with a letter from Lina, who is 18 years old. Her letter was written on June 22nd, 2017 (no idea what took so long to arrive!). 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

I greet you in the love of our Lord Jesus Christ. I want to tell you that my school vacation is in the month of June. My vacation lasts 21 days. During my vacation, I often come to the CDC and stay home with my family. What I enjoy doing most on my vacation is reading, listening to music, and going on trips with my friends. On my vacation I like to eat a lot and my favorite food is fried fish. My favorite people to spend my vacation with are my mom and my sister. On my next vacation, I would like to travel to another country. I would like to visit Panama and France some day. Those are two of my favorite countries. I would like to go around and learn more about their people and culture. What city in the world would you like to visit? I want to thank you for looking after me by doing your monthly contribution to the CDC, for your letters, and for the presents. I want to tell you that I am now studying in nursing school and I'm doing very well. In the future, I'd like to do something I'd really like, which is to be a pediatrician. I like children very much and would really like to work with them. I say goodbye with a big hug and wishing that God blesses you. I ask you to keep praying for me and for my family. I want to give you this Bible verse: Malachi 3:16. 

Lina

_______________________________________________________________________________

And to end, a letter from Ronaldo. It's been such a blessing getting to know this young man. He seems like such a kind, sensitive, and smart guy. 

He is 20 years old and wrote this letter on July 20th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

My very remembered Kayla, how are you? Right now I have the letter you sent me in my hands. Gage and Chloe are beautiful. Tell them I say hello. Thank you for sharing their photo with me. I tell you that right now in my country, we are on a school break. We have two months of break, June and July. I use this time to visit relatives and practice soccer with my cousins in the evening. I like to eat seasoned rice with chicken. I love it! My parents and brother are almost always with me. I confess something; one day I would like to visit your country to see the most popular places and to take photos of me with some people there. Kayla, I am very thankful to you for being so special to me. I keep you present in my prayers. I ask you something: Have you ever thought about coming to my country? I ask you to keep my family in your prayers. 

Ronaldo

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment