Adsense

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Word from Elias

I received a letter from Elias, in Ethiopia yesterday. I've been writing to Elias for nearly 2 years now and I've only received a handful of letters from him. Sadly, that's typical of children from Ethiopia. Every letter I receive from Elias is essentially the same, he talks about the same topics. Even though I don't get much from him, I have to keep reminding myself that the important thing is that I am writing to him, encouraging him, loving on him, and sharing hope with him. That's the point of the correspondence department. Still, I hope that someday, Elias and and I have a breakthrough of personality.

Elias is 16 years old. This letter is dated November 12th, 2014.

_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

How are you my dear guardian? My family and I are doing very well. Praise God, I am attending both my academic class and Sunday school bible studies. Please send more letters and photos to me. I love and respect you. See you in my next letter. Bye bye! 

Elias

_________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to the Ethiopian connection struggle. But I love that he asked you for more letters and photos!! He must be enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete