Adsense

Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Beautiful Celeste Writes Great Letters

I was beginning to think that I would never get to write in this blog again. ;)

But, there hasn't been much action around here, on the sponsorship front, since the beginning of the week. But today, I received a letter from Celeste. She has a lot to say, as always. Ever since I met her in person, I can really picture her sitting and writing letters to me. I can picture her smile and her personality. I know trips to visit our sponsored children are expensive, but I only have good things to say about my trip. I hope to take more trips like it in the future. I encourage all other sponsors to visit their sponsored children, as well.

But, I digress. Onto the letter! Celeste is 12 years old and she lives in Honduras. She wrote this letter on August 13th, 2014.

_______________________________________________________________________________



Hello my dearest and beautiful sponsor Kayla, 

I send you greetings, hugs, and kisses for you and your family. I hope you are well in health. Thank you for the stickers and the coloring pages. The ponies are so cute. I had a lovely day on my birthday. I went to eat at the CDC. I really like for you to send me lots of letters, because they are so beautiful. I like when you talk about your family and yourself. I received your gift. The Hello Kitty purse is where I keep all of my ornaments (the word she used can also translate as adornments. My guess is she keeps her hair items or earrings in the purse.) I like the story of Jesus and Peter's mother-in-law. Jesus is very powerful to heal the sick and to perform miracles. I am really well, thank you for asking. I am happy that the letter I sent you arrived on your birthday. I am sorry about your cat. What was his name? I have two cats and one dog, which had puppies. I say goodbye with lots of hugs and kisses and blessings. 

Celeste

________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Celeste sounds so fun and sweet!! I know that the Spanish word for adornments can be the equivalent to accessories....so I think you're right! That's so neat that she keeps them in the purse you gave her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so sweet! Are you thinking of visiting her again in the future?

    I've been bone dry lately when it comes to letters. I've got an inquiry in for one of my World Vision Romania girls. Haven't heard from her since January. *sigh* I miss my kids!

    ReplyDelete