Adsense

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Letter Writing Marathon?

To my surprise, I received three letters all at the same time from my lovely, almost-teenager Kwizera Yves. When I looked at them, I noticed that they were all written on August 7th. He must have either received several of my letters on that day or he just felt like having a letter writing marathon. :) Either way, I am so glad to receive all of these!


This first letter seems to be responding to letters I sent my kids in the winter. I a snow themed letter with some photos of the kids I nanny for playing in the snow. One of them showed the boy I take care of laying in the snow, about to make a snow angel. Kwizera Yves seems to have been a little confused. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Kayla, 

I first of all greet you in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. I am glad for the letter that you sent me. The pictures of the children playing in the snow; the girl throwing snow and the boy sleeping in the snow, were  nice. My favorite game is football in the sunny season and riding a bike with my friends. I am very happy for the pictures of the children you care for. I love them so much. I thank you so much. May God bless you for helping children. I am glad to see them playing. 

Yours, 
Kwizera Yves

_________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is giving me more information about the weather conditions in his country. Seems like things are pretty bad, crop wise. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Kayla, My Beloved Parent, 

Warm greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ! I was glad to receive the letter you sent to me, asking how my country is structured. In Rwanda, we are in the dry season. The sun shines from morning to evening. We are not growing crops well because of too much sunshine. We have to water our crops to avoid them drying out. I was happy for the pictures you sent to me. I was very happy to hear about your country. In Rwanda, we do not have such cold weather. Much love. 

Kwizera Yves

_________________________________________________________________________________

In this letter, it seems that Kwizera Yves has started in secondary school. Big 7th grader now! He also seems to have improved his grades significantly. Good for him! 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you, my beloved parent, in the name of Jesus Christ. How are you doing there in your country? I am happy because I was promoted from primary school to secondary school and I am getting good grades. In the first term, I have 56% marks (U.S equivalent is a C. He went up a whole letter grade!). I am working hard to get good grades again. My family and I love you. I was very happy to receive your letters. I thank you with my parents. 

The One Who Loves You,
Kwizera Yves

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment