Adsense

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tie-Dye Sale Reminder/Change of Plans

Hi all!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still working on selling tie-dye shirts to fundraise for my trip to visit my sponsored child.

I wanted to let you know all about the change in my plans.

I will no longer be going to visit Abu in Sierra Leone. World Vision basically told me that they would not be able to garauntee my safety in the country. Especially as a lone traveler. Especially as a lone traveler who also happens to be a woman. Especially as a lone traveler who also happens to be a white woman.

I prayed about it and I realized that I may have been wanting to go to Africa more than God wanted me to go. Maybe.

Anyway, I'm still planning a trip. But now, it's to Honduras. Now that I am sponsoring through Compassion, I am falling in love with the group trips that they offer. Don't get me wrong, I love sponsoring through World Vision and my kids are great, but it's a definite con that World Vision doesn't organize trips. Sure, they would probably help me a lot, but I'm not really a good planner. I don't I'd be able to plan a very good trip and I'd probably end up getting myself lost in some African jungle.

Anyway, this decision is pretty final. As soon as Compassion offers a Honduras trip in 2013, I'm signing up, no more questions or hesitation.

If you would like to help me out with this trip, I would love it if you would pray for God to show me the way and open doors for this trip.

If you are able to help me out financially, I really appreciate it. You can donate money use the chip-in box at the top-right of my blog.

You can also buy my shirts. In fact, I would love it if you did because I love making these shirts! If you don't see a shirt on the website that you would like to buy, I will glady make you a shirt that you love. All you have to do is email me the size you wear with the color/design you like. My email is at the top of my website. Here's my webiste:

http://tiedyeforacause.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment