Adsense

Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Trio of Letters to Round Out October

This month sure did shape up to be a great month of letters! I have another three to share with you and then it's onto November!

I'll first share a letter from Sadiya. If you've seen my other posts, I've heard from her quite a bit lately. Once just earlier this month! And not only that, this letter was written less than two weeks ago!

Sadiya is 12 years old and lives in India. Her letter is dated October 17th, 2016.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of Jesus Christ. I hope you and your family are fine. Me and my mother had a fever, but all of my family are now fine. I received your letter. I am very happy to know about you. Thank you for your letter and photos. You asked me some questions. I will answer. My favorite fruit is apple. My favorite vegetable is potato. My favorite sweet food is ice cream. My favorite game is skipping rope. I also love to play dolls. In the early morning, I get ready for school. At nighttime I am doing my studies and after that I sleep. The story you told me I like it very much. My studies are going well. Please pray for me and my family I am praying for you. 

Yours Lovingly,
Sadiya

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, my very first letter from Agness! Aren't first letters always so exciting? That first official connection.

Agness is 13 years old and lives in Tanzania. Her letter is dated September 24th, 2016.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Agness, 

I greet you. Praise the Lord Jesus! I hope you are fine and healthy. I am fine and healthy together with my family. I am going on well with my studies. I like to read the word of God. Do you like to read the word of God? I like to play games, like net ball. Which games do you like? Here at the center, I like different activities, such as cooking and knitting. The weather here is dry season. How is the weather there? Let us pray for each other for blessings from God. May God bless you. 

Your Friend, 
Agness

________________________________________________________________________________

And, finally, I received another letter from Jose. The same Jose I just heard from a couple of days ago. Whoo hoo!

Jose is 18 years old and lives in Peru. This letter is not dated, but seems to be written after Easter, at least. 

This is a long letter. Settle in! 
________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with a big hug and a kiss in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope you are in good health. I would like to tell you that I yearn for going to camp. I have a great time with my family in the church. What I liked the most on Christmas was sharing it with my family and friends. I also liked having chocolate milk and bread. I love to attend church and Bible school. I was attending in January and February and learnt that God has a lot of things for us, we just have to wait for them. On Easter, I was with my family. I am going to answer the questions that you sent for me. I feel happy when I sing to our Lord Jesus. When I'm sad, reading the bible (a special verse Corinthians 13:4-13) makes me feel better. I am afraid to lose my siblings and my parents. I look more like my uncle. I write with my left hand. If I could make a law, it would be that all crime committed would not be tried, but punished with a life sentence. Once, I won a wall clock in a contest. I don't want to meet a famous person. My nickname is Telo and yes, you can call me that. If I could sow a plant in my garden, it would be a strawberry plant. I imagine about about the disciples of Jesus. They were men who made mistakes but with Jesus, their past was erased and they were with Jesus and they were educated to practice the word of God. Compassion helps us a lot. They give us sweaters to warm up from the cold because here, the wind is very strong. It is important to provide support to know that our Lord Jesus Christ is with all of his children in all their important tasks. It is important that each sponsor writes to be in communication to know more about their sponsored children, to know in their letters how he or she teaches the word of God to his/her children. 

Kind Regards,
Jose

_________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment