Adsense

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Letters to My Kids: January & February 2018

Taking on a new teaching job last month has left me writing less than I usually do, which is unfortunate. I've made a plan to get my writing back up to two times a month starting next month.

In January, I wrote about a crazy snowstorm that we had where I live. I realized that most (if not all) of my sponsored kids have never seen snow and probably have no idea that it is possible for it to snow so much that it, essentially, traps people in their homes. They probably also have no idea that machines have been invented for the sole purpose of snow removal. I decided to send some fun photos of some of these vehicles. I sent this letter on January 6th and amazingly, I have already heard back about, with one of my boys saying seeing the trucks was great.

I also included a funny coloring page of a man shivering in the cold!






Starting this month, I got the idea that I want to share a popular children's story with my kids each month. Some of these stories may very well be popular outside of the U.S, as well, but I don't know that for sure. So, this year, my kids will hear 11 children's stories. My teens may be too old for them, but then they can share them with younger siblings, cousins, children at the project, etc. 

I started off by sharing the story of the Three Billy Goats Gruff. I admit, it was a bit of a challenge, as I had to "rewrite" the stories a bit in order for them to be condensed enough to fit in the limited space in a letter. 

I had fun looking up clip art photos of the story. I chose varying styles and types, to really get across the imagery in the story. I included a coloring page too. 












No comments:

Post a Comment